Sign in with
Your question

Strange temperature problems with onboard video disabled

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
October 10, 2010 7:18:07 PM

Hi there. I seem to be having a strange problem when it comes to disabling my onboard video. The onboard video's temperature is usually unnaturally high to begin with (around 80 - 82 degrees celsius), but I believe it's because it's dusty in there and I need to blow out the dust. However, I once disabled the onboard video, as I figured I didn't need it anyway since I have a video card, and let it run for a little while. Out of curiosity, I was wondering if the onboard video's temperature improved. After enabling it and looking at the temperature, it was at a staggering 99 degrees celsius! With it enabled, it eventually went back down to about 80 degrees celsius.

Is this normal for this kind of situation? It could be that the temperature reading is incorrect, but I'm not sure. I am using Speccy's temperature readings to determine this, since nVidia's nTune likes to crash for me. When I did get it to work once, nTune did show temperature readings consistent with Speccy's, so I am assuming Speccy's readings are accurate. I don't want to fry my motherboard because of a disabled onboard video!
October 19, 2010 12:12:43 PM

Try realtemp and check, thats what I use. What did you use to get rid of the dust?
!