Hello,

My current system is as follows:
Asus P8p67 Pro Rev 3.1 MB
Sandy Bridge 2500k
G.Skill Sniper 1866 Ram
Sapphire Toxic G.Card
Scythe Mugen 3 CPU cooler
Coolermaster Advanced Full Tower

Ive been running this system for a couple months with no problems. Last night I turn on my computer and I get one continuous beep and four short beeps which according to my manual is a hardware component failure.

The "boot device LED" is red on my mb and on my screen it said CPU fan error. I checked and my cpu fan is still running and in BIOS it reads the fan is on and running. I can still boot into windows fine and do whatever I want such as browsing the internet or gaming with bf3. I have no clue as to what the problem can be since everything works fine other than when I turn on the computer and get that one error. Any help guys? Thanks

Seems like the BIOS is not getting the feedback from the 3rd pin telling it that the fan is running. Tried swapping fans ?

Could be that its not reaching speed before the sensor is telling the BIOS that it is in fact running. Usually ya can turn that off via the BIOS.

IHoP

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2011

I've been meaning to ask actually. I tried updating the firmware but when the system looks for the ssd it finds nothing. It just keeps searching. I'm not really sure what to do about that...

JackNaylorPE - I haven't tried swapping fans. Which feature in the BIOS are you talking about? Are you talking about Q-control?

Is your SATA controller that the SSD is connected to on the Intel chipset? Is it operating in the required AHCI mode and not in IDE compatibility mode?

TRENDING THREADS