Sign in with
Your question

My budget ~450$ gaming computer ( SUGGESTIONS PLEASE!)

Last response: in Systems
December 5, 2010 4:24:27 PM

Ok so i decieded to build a gaming computer i went down to my local micro center and picked out a few i would greatly appreciate help on this subject this will be my first gaming computer i've built.

My procesor and motherboard came in a bundle since micro center is having a sale type event where i get a motherboard for free if i buy a select processor.

Processor- AMD Phenom II 3.5Ghz X4 965 black edition- 60$ and it comes with a free motherboard

Motherboard- MSi 785GM-P45M- 0$ free with processor

Graphics card- Radeon 5450 ( SAPHIRE) 1 GB ( i also need a suggeston for another card just in case)- 75$

Power Supply - Diabolotek 500 watt- 20$

RAM- OCZ 4GB DDR3- 50$

Case- Antec 300- 45$

CD/ DVD- saw one but i cant remember name- 20$

HDD- Barracuda 1TB- 60$

Sound Card- Cant remember name - 30$)

TOTAL- about 500$ ( im too lazy to count
i would also like to know what else i need for the computer it feels like something is missing, and also i want to knoow if there is anything i can take out and replace if there is a better part for the same price or even a little more. Ps. i already have a monitor keyboard os mouse and other stuff for hooking it up
a b B Homebuilt system
December 5, 2010 4:40:41 PM

You're not going to get much of a gaming PC for $500, especially when you're doing a scratch build.

The 965 isn't 60, it's 160 at MC, but I'd go with the Phenom II x3, it's substantially cheaper and will still give you decent budget gaming performance.

Scratch that PSU, it's going to cause you trouble.

Scratch the 5450, that's a HTPC GPU, not a gaming GPU.

Here's a bit of a build.

PII X3 ~ $70

GIGABYTE GA-M68MT-D3 ~ $50

GTX460 ~ $165

Samsung F3 500GB ~ $50

Seasonic S1211 520W ~ $60

Generic SATA DVDRW ~ $20

Antec 300 ~ $60

OCZ 2x2 ~ $50

Total there is 525. I'm not too lazy to add.
December 5, 2010 5:00:09 PM

gdan126 said:
Ok so i decieded to build a gaming computer i went down to my local micro center and picked out a few i would greatly appreciate help on this subject this will be my first gaming computer i've built.

My procesor and motherboard came in a bundle since micro center is having a sale type event where i get a motherboard for free if i buy a select processor.

Processor- AMD Phenom II 3.5Ghz X4 965 black edition- 60$ and it comes with a free motherboard

Motherboard- MSi 785GM-P45M- 0$ free with processor

Graphics card- Radeon 5450 ( SAPHIRE) 1 GB ( i also need a suggeston for another card just in case)- 75$

Power Supply - Diabolotek 500 watt- 20$

RAM- OCZ 4GB DDR3- 50$

Case- Antec 300- 45$

CD/ DVD- saw one but i cant remember name- 20$

HDD- Barracuda 1TB- 60$

Sound Card- Cant remember name - 30$)

TOTAL- about 500$ ( im too lazy to count
i would also like to know what else i need for the computer it feels like something is missing, and also i want to knoow if there is anything i can take out and replace if there is a better part for the same price or even a little more. Ps. i already have a monitor keyboard os mouse and other stuff for hooking it up

edit: i made an accident the poroceser is actually 160 with motherboard at micro center
Related resources
December 5, 2010 5:04:44 PM

i might as well take the X4 core procesor and mother board instead of that one because they ran out of those i will take the PSU and graphcs card suggestion thougha nd do i need any more fans im just wondering
a b B Homebuilt system
December 5, 2010 5:16:30 PM

If you feel you can afford a P2 X4 BE processor with your budget, go for it.

Nothing like unlocked multipliers with a stock HSF, right?
December 5, 2010 5:32:54 PM

yeah my total budget is 700$ so i still have room to work with any other suggestions with that budget?
!