Sign in with
Your question

New PC Build - Power Issues - Please Help

Last response: in Motherboards
November 5, 2011 8:22:17 PM

Hi everyone I'm having an issue with my new PC. I'll start off with the specs.

Antec Nine Hundred Two V3 Case
Intel i7 2600k
Asus P8Z68 Deluxe Motherboard
Coolermaster V6GT CPU cooler
16GB Ram(4x4GB) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series DDR3 1866MHz (F3-14900CL9D-8GBXL)
EVGA Nvidia GTX 560 Ti Superclocked edition
Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Titanium Fatality Pro
Antec TPQ-1000 Power Supply
600GB WD Velociraptor Harddrive
250GB Storage Drive
1.5TB Storage Drive
2 LG dvd-rom Drives

My problem is that I just installed Battlefield 3 and mainly while playing sometimes out of the game aswell I will get random restarts.
Sometimes when the system boots up I get a message on the startup screen saying:

"Power supply surges detected during the previous power on. Asus Anti-Surge was triggered to protect system from unstable power supply unit!" Press F1 to start setup.

I built the system about a month ago but I just put the new video card in 2 days ago. I didn't have any issues really before I installed the card. So i'm wondering if maybe its the power supply going because i'm sure 1000watt Antec can support everything in my pc. Could be a bad video card. Or I was thinking maybe the Motherboard. The only issue I had with the Motherboard was that when my buddy dropped my CPU in he bent like 4 pins which I bent back into place. So I'm really stuck here. I ran a memory test and the memory is fine. Please help these restarts are really really annoying! Thanks

More about : build power issues

a c 302 Ĉ ASUS
a c 1129 V Motherboard
November 6, 2011 11:58:56 AM

Any setting in BIOS for that anti surge?
m
l
November 6, 2011 8:12:50 PM

I called Asus and they told me to turn it off because of some programming issues that had with the Anti-Surge protection so I did but still getting random restarts so I turned it back on in case there is a real surge I don't wanna fry it.

I've done some extra research from the time I posted and I think it may be a bad 12v rail in my power supply. Under heavy stress I'm getting fluctuation in power so its shutting my pc down. I'm gonna send in the power supply to get tested cause its still under warranty for another year.
m
l
!