  • Servers
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
May 7, 2004 6:43:07 PM

Hi,

has now the address of http://akseli.dyndns.org/~akseli/vgap/index.html
I will sometime get a better address and maybe soon but it's my hope this
address shouldn't expire so soon, so I would have two addresses.

I'm proud to say to say my own server is back online, this time it should
be even allowed as far as my ISP's terms of service is concerned. The pages
are pretty much as before. From my logs I have noticed that quite a lot of
people use the file archive. It's back online now, but unfortunately the
new connection is mere 256/256 kbit/s ADSL line. It should be fast enough
for my few visitors and those who want to get few files but if you want to
leech the whole file archive which according to log history about half a
dozen people have done before, then don't even try, it will take ages.
Instead, ask me via email, I can send the whole content via email as long
as you can receive it, in pieces of course.

Like always, feedback is very much so wanted. In particular, if you want to
see the damn forever-project "host and addon order" completed for at least
of the Jupiter part, send me some feedback about it. The more people ask
for it, the more motivation I have, and with proper motivation I can go for
miles. Current feedback zero :(

As before, the NIC and UTU servers act as backup and may contain older
version of the pages, and won't contain the file archive. Use only them in
the unlike even of my main site being down. Few times my old server was
down at least few minutes, but this should be far more robust because for
different services I got different servers, and these are real servers,
with no loser to mess up a shift. Well, the only bad thing is that the
server has a dynamic IP, and it might not be so easy to keep up with it.
It's sort of ducttape sollution to have a dynamic IP and a server behind
it.

I have two future things I might offer to VGAP community, maybe even soon.
One of them is a newsserver carrying the VGAP newsgroups and never expiring
any articles. This is currently work in process. I have the prinsible
server up and it's getting all new articles, but the oldest article it
currently has is only from 10.10.2003(in this group). Other is
well-maintained FTP server. I don't have the needed bandwidth, but I know
someone who has. But I first need to reorganize my own archive because
there is just too many files not in any particular category, and Stefan
Reuther who has a nice collection too and we're working on merge. Also Timo
Kreike has been slowly sending me files. I think once I get my own files
organized I will do the first upload. For test purposes, I have put the
contents of the file archive available for FTP downloads too, but I want to
stress that such sollution will not last forever. For maintance reasons I
needed to install a FTP server to each of my servers anyway and offering
the file archive as FTP caused no extra harddisk requirments.

More about : vgap website

Anonymous
May 7, 2004 7:26:19 PM

> Like always, feedback is very much so wanted. In particular, if you want
> see the damn forever-project "host and addon order" completed for at least
> of the Jupiter part, send me some feedback about it. The more people ask
> for it, the more motivation I have, and with proper motivation I can go
for
> miles. Current feedback zero :(

Hello Akseli,

normally i would tell you in rcworld chat, but you are not online ...
anyway, rcworld has jupiter host order present unter cargo center -> Vga
Planets Version 3 -> Host Order Timhost

Dunno if it is correct/complete ...

Mydgard
Anonymous
May 8, 2004 4:53:44 PM

Mydgard wrote:

>anyway, rcworld has jupiter host order present unter cargo center -> Vga
>Planets Version 3 -> Host Order Timhost
>Dunno if it is correct/complete ...
It's the same as included in Jupiter docs. It is not complete, most
functions that are called in the Jupiter main loop are not listed. Making
the order is not so difficult, I also want to write text about each action
and what it does. In essence I'm writing a complete Jupiter docs from
scratch.
Anonymous
May 8, 2004 5:40:07 PM

Hmmm did you asked the jupiter author?? He/she should know everything ;)

Mydgard

"Akseli Mäki" <newsgroups@akseli-yok.utu.fi> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Mydgard wrote:
>
> >anyway, rcworld has jupiter host order present unter cargo center -> Vga
> >Planets Version 3 -> Host Order Timhost
> >Dunno if it is correct/complete ...
> It's the same as included in Jupiter docs. It is not complete, most
> functions that are called in the Jupiter main loop are not listed. Making
> the order is not so difficult, I also want to write text about each action
> and what it does. In essence I'm writing a complete Jupiter docs from
> scratch.
Anonymous
May 8, 2004 11:48:42 PM

Hi Akseli,

I see, you have stored the Zeus Addon and the Z-Master beta at your server.
It should make sense, to put a readme.txt file into the dirs with a link to
the support forum and the original download source.

Support Forum Zeus:
http://www.rcworld.de/cgi-bin/forums/ikonboard.cgi?s=2a...
62c311d7e;act=SF;f=18
Support Forum Z-Master:
http://www.rcworld.de/cgi-bin/forums/ikonboard.cgi?s=2a...
62c311d7e;act=SF;f=19
Zeus/Z-Master HP:
http://www.friendsnfun.net/zeus/

What do you think about some links in your directory structure.. Show
Z-Master.. it's a mastering tool, but also a map tool, game viewer,
simulator(with bugs), scenario editor etc.

Here the Zeus Hostorder:

Auxhost1.ini
- process command messages
-- first time stargate build and use commands.
- scan the other side of the map
-- dark sense
-- mine sweep
-- sensor sweep
-- bio scan

AuxBc.ini:
- check for (Tim) Allianz
- process command messages
-- buy new buildings
bank and massbeamer commands
send ships trough stargates
etc.
- send messages
- Sphere:
-- global minefield fc?
-- mark ships under tow
-- mark intercepting ships
-- move ships:
---- move ships with mission <> intercept and
outside the map to the other side
------ process minefields
---- move towed ships to the position of
the tower
---- move ships with mission intercept to the
new position of his target.
(the target can hit a mine and stop)
------ process minefields
---- process warpwells
-- loki decloak
-- scan for ships in scanrange at the other
side of the map
- ExploreMap modul

cu, harry
Anonymous
May 10, 2004 5:47:03 PM

This came much faster than what I expected. The new address is
http://www.akseli.net/~akseli/vgap/index.html. I will maintain the old
address for a while, though. This *should* be the final resting place of my
site. Although, I might end up making a virtual server, in which case the
address would probably be like http://vgap.akseli.net

And then something completely different. I shot a hilarios(IMO) avi last
night in my small and hot room. The guestion is, how many computers do I
got :)  http://www.nic.fi/~akseli7/pictures/avi/106-0664_MVI.AV...
!