GPU for eyefinity

I just bought 3 hp 20" monitors for eyefinity, each 1600x900.

I'm guessing that'll be 4800x900 at a resolution.

I need a graphics card that'll run the games I play; tf2 and l4d2 on high settings.

I'm currently on a stock clocked athlon 440 (don't laugh) and I'm planning on oc'ing it soon.

My budget is as low as it can be to get a stable 60 fps in tf2.

Oh yeah, I have a TX650 PSU (Major overkill) and I'm using onboard graphics atm. Also, no crossfire or sli on my motherboard

4 answers Last reply
More about eyefinity
  1. You bought 3 monitors and your budget for the GPU is as low as you can go? You arent going to get very good performance on eyefinity with anything lower than a 5870 or a 5850, ideally you should be running a 5970 for that resolution.
  2. I'll look into a 5850. I never used eyefinity before and so didn't know what to expect in a card to get a stable fps in the given res

It's not as low as it can go, I just do not want to spend more than I have to
    Thanks for the reply5
  3. You might want to wait for 68xx.
  4. ares1214 said:
    You might want to wait for 68xx.

I am. My monitors won't arrive until the 20th anyways, but I still want to know what I need to get so that I won't be left in the dark when they do come out. Besides, no charts or nothing showing their specs. Also, price would probably be to high at release for me to afford
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Hewlett Packard Graphics