Compaq Presarion V2000 at Staples

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
February 8, 2005 3:01:17 PM

I am interested in the Presarion V2000 and have looked at all the usual
sources for such things, Best Buy, Staples, Compuse, etc.. Only Staples
seems to carry it. That seems strange to me. Does anyone have any idea why
the others stear away from it?

Thank you.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
February 8, 2005 3:01:18 PM

Jack Gillis wrote:
> I am interested in the Presarion V2000 and have looked at all the
> usual sources for such things, Best Buy, Staples, Compuse, etc.. Only
> Staples seems to carry it. That seems strange to me. Does
> anyone have any idea why the others stear away from it?
>
> Thank you.

The major sources like those you mention market laptops, generally,
under source-specific model numbers. The same physical model might well
be found at other stores as different model number so that no price
matching via model numbers is possible. You need to keep looking at
the specifications rather than the model number.

a b D Laptop
February 8, 2005 6:46:52 PM

> Jack Gillis wrote:
>> I am interested in the Presarion V2000 and have looked at all the
>> usual sources for such things, Best Buy, Staples, Compuse, etc.. Only
>> Staples seems to carry it. That seems strange to me. Does
>> anyone have any idea why the others stear away from it?
>>
>> Thank you.
>

> The major sources like those you mention market laptops, generally, under
> source-specific model numbers. The same physical model might well be
> found at other stores as different model number so that no price matching
> via model numbers is possible. You need to keep looking at the
> specifications rather than the model number.

Thank you. I wondered if that might be the case.

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
February 8, 2005 6:46:53 PM

Jack Gillis wrote:
>> Jack Gillis wrote:
>>> I am interested in the Presarion V2000 and have looked at all the
>>> usual sources for such things, Best Buy, Staples, Compuse, etc..
>>> Only Staples seems to carry it. That seems strange to me. Does
>>> anyone have any idea why the others stear away from it?
>>>
>>> Thank you.
>>

>> The major sources like those you mention market laptops, generally,
>> under source-specific model numbers. The same physical model might
>> well be found at other stores as different model number so that no
>> price matching via model numbers is possible. You need to keep
>> looking at the specifications rather than the model number.

....which makes it easy for them to honor their 'Low Price Guarantee....'

jak

!