Your question
Solved

ASUS P8Z68-V LE for ASUS P8Z68-V PRO?

Last response: in Motherboards
a c 328 V Motherboard
a b Ĉ ASUS
November 6, 2011 8:43:30 AM

Hi guys,

I bought ASUS P8Z68-V LE, everything works fine, but it wont boot into anything on USB stick.

Eventually I got it work, but its not right, it is not listed in the BIOS, but through F8 and selecting an empty letter less spot to boot, it worked, most of the time.

Anyway, I am looking to get ASUS P8Z68-V PRO instead and be done with it.

I have a 2600K @ 4.5GHz up to 5GHz and do lots of CS5 and video editing. No games, maybe in near future I'll start. Is the Z68 best thing to have for my needs?

Choosing that one, because the reviews and it is available at my local Frys store.

Or should I pick a different choice?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Thanx a lot!

Best solution

a c 435 V Motherboard
a b Ĉ ASUS
November 6, 2011 11:16:29 AM

I doubt the PRO model will work better with your usb stick. I would check the boot order in your bios first, and set any portable or external device as number one.
a c 328 V Motherboard
a b Ĉ ASUS
November 6, 2011 8:03:40 PM

It does not show in the BIOS at all. The boot order has only SSD or HDD or CD rom. USB cannot be set to boot from, it is not there, even when it works on other PC!.

I even registered on ASUS.com forum and people there have the same question, but the mods over there have no answers yet on this issue.

But is the ASUS P8Z68-V PRO better choice to have for my needs, if I OC the 2600K to do lots of CS5 and video editing, than ASUS P8Z68-V LE?
m
l
Related resources
a c 328 V Motherboard
a b Ĉ ASUS
November 10, 2011 7:39:22 AM

There was an issue on the ASUS P8Z68-V LE, and I did not get the v-pro version, but the V version and this one works fine.
m
l
a c 328 V Motherboard
a b Ĉ ASUS
November 10, 2011 7:40:14 AM

Best answer selected by nikorr.
m
l
!