Sign in with
Your question

No video on boot up

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
October 11, 2010 3:10:46 PM

I have built this computer 2 years ago. Everything was working fine till yesterday. Yesterday I took off the cpu heatsink and reapplied thermal paste due to cpu overheating. After this was done, I am getting no video now. I have checked the power supply voltage to make sure its providing correct voltage, no issue there. Not sure what happened, both power connectors (20 & 4 pin) are connected.

Any help is appreciated.

More about : video boot

Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
October 11, 2010 3:46:55 PM

Quote:
Make sure that everything is seated properly.Reseat the video card.Take the cpu out and make sure that no TIM has leaked under the cpu and also take a look wheather the pins are all straight.

I never took the cpu out but I still made sure nothing leaked into it or any bent pins. I reseated my video card few times, nothing changes.
m
l
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
October 11, 2010 4:52:18 PM

Quote:
Which mobo you are using?If it has a onboard gpu then take your card out and connect your monitor to the onboard gpu.If it works then your card has fried.

I do not have an onboard gpu. I have "BIOSTAR TForce TP43D2A7 LGA 775 Intel P43 ATX Intel Motherboard" as my motherboard.

Here are my components:

EVGA 512-P3-N862-AR GeForce 9600GT Superclocked 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card
RAIDMAX HYBRID 2 RX-630SS 630W ATX12V V2.2/ EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Modular Modular LED Power Supply
Intel Core2 Quad Q9400 2.66GHz LGA 775 95W Quad-Core Processor BX80580Q9400
m
l
Related resources
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
October 11, 2010 11:43:25 PM

I tried a brand new graphic card and nothing changed.
m
l
October 12, 2010 1:04:02 PM

Must be your mobo then. Try your video card to another mobo (friends, relatives) and if its working then mobo is fried.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
October 12, 2010 2:14:12 PM

This will take a little time, but what you ought to do now is since you have no options and you've tried everything.
Remove all the components from the Cabinet, disconnect everything , remove the mobo too..... and then clean with compressed air and IP and re-assemble the whole thing step by step.
Nothing should be fried unless you switched on the system and got a whole lot of heat...
m
l
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
October 12, 2010 11:49:15 PM

Alright I will give it a try.
m
l
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
October 13, 2010 10:21:33 PM

alyoshka said:
This will take a little time, but what you ought to do now is since you have no options and you've tried everything.
Remove all the components from the Cabinet, disconnect everything , remove the mobo too..... and then clean with compressed air and IP and re-assemble the whole thing step by step.
Nothing should be fried unless you switched on the system and got a whole lot of heat...

That did the job, the computer is up and running now. Thank you everyone for you help.
m
l
!