No video on boot up

I have built this computer 2 years ago. Everything was working fine till yesterday. Yesterday I took off the cpu heatsink and reapplied thermal paste due to cpu overheating. After this was done, I am getting no video now. I have checked the power supply voltage to make sure its providing correct voltage, no issue there. Not sure what happened, both power connectors (20 & 4 pin) are connected.

Any help is appreciated.
7 answers Last reply
More about video boot
  1. Quote:
    Make sure that everything is seated properly.Reseat the video card.Take the cpu out and make sure that no TIM has leaked under the cpu and also take a look wheather the pins are all straight.

I never took the cpu out but I still made sure nothing leaked into it or any bent pins. I reseated my video card few times, nothing changes.
  2. Quote:
    Which mobo you are using?If it has a onboard gpu then take your card out and connect your monitor to the onboard gpu.If it works then your card has fried.

I do not have an onboard gpu. I have "BIOSTAR TForce TP43D2A7 LGA 775 Intel P43 ATX Intel Motherboard" as my motherboard.

Here are my components:

EVGA 512-P3-N862-AR GeForce 9600GT Superclocked 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card
    RAIDMAX HYBRID 2 RX-630SS 630W ATX12V V2.2/ EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Modular Modular LED Power Supply
    Intel Core2 Quad Q9400 2.66GHz LGA 775 95W Quad-Core Processor BX80580Q9400
  3. I tried a brand new graphic card and nothing changed.
  4. Must be your mobo then. Try your video card to another mobo (friends, relatives) and if its working then mobo is fried.
  5. This will take a little time, but what you ought to do now is since you have no options and you've tried everything.
    Remove all the components from the Cabinet, disconnect everything , remove the mobo too..... and then clean with compressed air and IP and re-assemble the whole thing step by step.
    Nothing should be fried unless you switched on the system and got a whole lot of heat...
  6. Alright I will give it a try.
  7. alyoshka said:
    This will take a little time, but what you ought to do now is since you have no options and you've tried everything.
    Remove all the components from the Cabinet, disconnect everything , remove the mobo too..... and then clean with compressed air and IP and re-assemble the whole thing step by step.
    Nothing should be fried unless you switched on the system and got a whole lot of heat...

That did the job, the computer is up and running now. Thank you everyone for you help.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Video Graphics