Windows will not install and I think its my Motherboard

blankslatenator

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2011
Hi, I have been working on this computer for a year now, and no luck in getting an operating system to boot up.

I have an M4A78t-e motherboard, a AMD 970 BE 4-core processor, 2 GBs of Corsair CM3x1024- 1333 MHz, and a 775 Watt

Diablotek PSU unit. Every time I try to install Windows 7 Ultimate on it, the logo will freeze up on me, and I will be forced to

restart the computer. I have tried putting the Hard Drive in AHCI mode, as well as IDE mode. I have tried installing on Windows

XP 64-bit to no avail. I have tried loading a separate Hard disk with Windows 7 64 bit already installed onto my computer and

booting from that, only to get an error. I have tested the memory and it is compatible with the motherboard. I'm not sure what

to do.

blankslatenator

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2011
I switched out from my ATI 4870 to the on-board 3200 and the logo is no longer frozen: it moves. I cannot tell if the OS is actually loading or not though. I will try and leave the computer on for a while to see if anything loads further.

blankslatenator

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2011
I fixed it just yesterday. It turns out my system was just unstable due to my motherboard requiring me to figure out what the factory settings were for my CPU. I don't think I will ever buy a overclocking-based motherboard again, it has just been a huge PITA.