Sign in with
Your question

Something wrong with my spider solitaire

Last response: in Windows 7
November 18, 2011 3:54:40 PM

I do hope you can help me. My Spider Solitaire started playing up a few days ago. It flickers when I am playing and doesn't respond to actions like moving cards or dealing cards without me having to click several times. I can see the icon at the bottom jumping all over the place when I do anything. I'm a complete ignoramus with regard to computers and a card game is not something I can get too worked up about but it is rather annoying and I do find it keeps the brain cells a little more active if I play the odd game.

Perhaps I was being a bit ambitious when I upgraded to Windows 7 and Office 2010. I am not exactly in my dotage but no spring chicken either! I have worked with computers for many, many years but not on the tech side. I am finding it difficult to deal with Windows Live Mail and the 1001 options when you open an Office programme. I am seriously considering going back to XP and Outlook Express is so much easier than Windows Live Mail.

Suze

More about : wrong spider solitaire

a b $ Windows 7
November 18, 2011 4:06:11 PM

When you upgraded did you upgrade the software on an old computer, or did you get a new computer that had the programs installed on them.

Do other games/programs suffer the same issues? I know win7 games do odd things when on older graphics hardware.

I agree about the e-mail. I HATE outlook and have to use it all the time for work. I much prefer my G-mail and Y-mail accounts through google and yahoo. If I had to suggest one then I would suggest g-mail for simplicity and ease of use; And use the web interface so you dont have to bother with outlook.

PS; nice to see someone with a real vocab!
m
l
November 18, 2011 4:14:55 PM

CaedenV said:
When you upgraded did you upgrade the software on an old computer, or did you get a new computer that had the programs installed on them.

Do other games/programs suffer the same issues? I know win7 games do odd things when on older graphics hardware.

I agree about the e-mail. I HATE outlook and have to use it all the time for work. I much prefer my G-mail and Y-mail accounts through google and yahoo. If I had to suggest one then I would suggest g-mail for simplicity and ease of use; And use the web interface so you dont have to bother with outlook.

It's probably something to do with hardware or driver issues. Also I fully agree that it's nice to see people use proper English on the internet.
m
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
November 18, 2011 4:17:56 PM

love the user name Church, I completely forgot about RvB, I'll have some catching up to do this weekend!
m
l
November 18, 2011 5:32:45 PM

CaedenV said:

This is my third attempt at trying to post an answer to you. I previewed and it disappeared into the ether! This time I won't preview just submit.

I didn't upgrade the software on an old computer, it came ready installed on my new HP TouchSmart 310 which I treated myself to when my old and faithful VAIO could no longer cope and the keys started falling off! The only other game I have installed is FreeCell and I have no problem with that except it is too easy so doesn't exercise the grey matter very much. Don't I sound very boring? I wish I could have answered that I am a Poker fiend or a Chess maniac. Something exciting like that.

Thank you for telling me about G-mail, I think I might try it. Also, thank you for the, very nice, compliment.
m
l
November 19, 2011 3:16:12 PM

PrvtChurch said:
It's probably something to do with hardware or driver issues. Also I fully agree that it's nice to see people use proper English on the internet.

I meant to thank you as well. I loved the video clip. I have three dogs of my own. I will try and sort out the driver tonight.
m
l
!