Something wrong with my spider solitaire

Suze_72

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2011
I do hope you can help me. My Spider Solitaire started playing up a few days ago. It flickers when I am playing and doesn't respond to actions like moving cards or dealing cards without me having to click several times. I can see the icon at the bottom jumping all over the place when I do anything. I'm a complete ignoramus with regard to computers and a card game is not something I can get too worked up about but it is rather annoying and I do find it keeps the brain cells a little more active if I play the odd game.

Perhaps I was being a bit ambitious when I upgraded to Windows 7 and Office 2010. I am not exactly in my dotage but no spring chicken either! I have worked with computers for many, many years but not on the tech side. I am finding it difficult to deal with Windows Live Mail and the 1001 options when you open an Office programme. I am seriously considering going back to XP and Outlook Express is so much easier than Windows Live Mail.

Suze

When you upgraded did you upgrade the software on an old computer, or did you get a new computer that had the programs installed on them.

Do other games/programs suffer the same issues? I know win7 games do odd things when on older graphics hardware.

I agree about the e-mail. I HATE outlook and have to use it all the time for work. I much prefer my G-mail and Y-mail accounts through google and yahoo. If I had to suggest one then I would suggest g-mail for simplicity and ease of use; And use the web interface so you dont have to bother with outlook.

PS; nice to see someone with a real vocab!

PrvtChurch

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2011

It's probably something to do with hardware or driver issues. Also I fully agree that it's nice to see people use proper English on the internet.

Suze_72

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2011

This is my third attempt at trying to post an answer to you. I previewed and it disappeared into the ether! This time I won't preview just submit.

I didn't upgrade the software on an old computer, it came ready installed on my new HP TouchSmart 310 which I treated myself to when my old and faithful VAIO could no longer cope and the keys started falling off! The only other game I have installed is FreeCell and I have no problem with that except it is too easy so doesn't exercise the grey matter very much. Don't I sound very boring? I wish I could have answered that I am a Poker fiend or a Chess maniac. Something exciting like that.

Thank you for telling me about G-mail, I think I might try it. Also, thank you for the, very nice, compliment.

Suze_72

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2011

I meant to thank you as well. I loved the video clip. I have three dogs of my own. I will try and sort out the driver tonight.