Psyanideacid

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2011
Hi Guys

I am new to the Forum

So lets go

When I try to put my mb to X.M.P. Profile (1600mhz), it does not boot back into the bios

Currently running at default - 1066mhz

Motherboard -

Rampage III Formula
Best X58 gaming & performance board with advanced digital power design

Ram - Dominator® with DHX Pro Connector and Airflow II Fan — 12GB Triple Channel DDR3 Memory Kit (CMP12GX3M3A1600C9)

Regards

Psyanideacid

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2011
Thx for the reply guys,

where can I check if the mem cont. can handle 12 gig?

Also I spoke to Ausus support, they say the RAM is not compatible with my MOBO, ... but all is working exept X.M.P...strange...

jemm

Distinguished
According to Intel, "Integrated memory controller enables three channels of DDR3 1066 MHz memory, resulting in up to 25.6 GB/sec memory bandwidth. This memory controller's lower latency and higher memory bandwidth delivers amazing performance for data-intensive applications." See more HERE.

jemm

Distinguished
I use 12GB as well, but I use 2 kits of 6GB each, so all memories channels are populated, while yours are only 3 polpulated, which is much better.

What I do is to downclock the frequency from 1600 to 1333Mhz, but I work with more agressives timmings. The kits I use are Cas 8, ut I use Cas 7 at 1333Mhz.

I also tweak some voltages:
QPI DRAM 1.25 or 1.35v
DRAM Bus Viltage 1.65v
Comand Rate 2N
TRFC 100

The point is that as your Kit is XMP it should work as it.

I wouldn´t recommend you to do anything, but return the memory Kit to the retailer, or change it to a compatible RAM for your mobo.