Motherboard/RAM Issue

Tweeder7

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2011
I have an Asus P8Z68-V Pro motherboard. I also have G. Skill 8GB RAM, Model# F3-12800CL8D-8GBECO. The RAM is on the qualified vendor list according to the Motherboard manual. The motherboard will not recognize all 8GB RAM, it only boots with one stick (4GB). What is causing this?
Any way I can get this fixed through the BIOS or an update? Help would be greatly appreciated.
I am also running i2600k CPU if that matters...
Thanks

Tweeder7

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2011

It fails anytime there is 8GB in general. I've tried every slot and in every order. I wonder if I need to update my BIOS or what? Also, is there a settings in BIOS to maybe fix the issue? I'm hoping I dont have a faulty mobo or RAM

Tweeder7

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2011

But the RAM is in the motherboard manual qualified vendor list...

Tweeder7

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2011

I'm really new to PC gaming and the lingo that comes with it. I know how to access the BIOS, but do not know what speed its running at. Should I change the speed to match that of what is on the RAMs box?

Tweeder7

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2011

OK so once I change the speed, then reboot and try the other stick to make it 8GB?

jemm

Distinguished

That´s good! So, why don´t you try the XMP profile? By selecting XMP the RAM speed, latencies, voltages, etc, all will be set automatically, according to the RAM spec.

Tweeder7

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2011

I tried setting it to XMP but that didn't help either.

Tweeder7

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2011

No it did not work either. Not sure what the deal is. I've tried each RAM stick and they both work when only 4GB is in. So that tells me its not the RAM. I've tried one stick of RAM in every slot and that also works. So if the RAM works, the mobo works, just weird why it won't work with two sticks...I'm not sure what else to do....