Hard Drive Replacement for Toshiba 5005-s504

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
February 8, 2005 8:34:44 PM

On my Toshiba Satellite 5005-s504, I would like to replace my 30GB
original drive with a new 60GB HD. I looked for help on how to
physically remove the old drive on the Toshiba website and came up with
zero help.

Can anyone suggest a reference on this? Thanks.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
February 9, 2005 3:29:39 AM

Hi there

try here http://tuxmobil.org/disassembly_laptop.html your model isn't
listed but neither was my particular Vaio. I got enough pointers
though to replace my hard drive, upgrade the cd to dvd/cdrw and replace
the cooling fan.

Good luck!

Ashok Meghani wrote:
> On my Toshiba Satellite 5005-s504, I would like to replace my 30GB
> original drive with a new 60GB HD. I looked for help on how to
> physically remove the old drive on the Toshiba website and came up
with
> zero help.
>
> Can anyone suggest a reference on this? Thanks.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
February 9, 2005 11:39:53 AM

I found this for my Satellite 1605, maybe yours is similar -
http://www.bixnet.com/sat16.html

- Gail

!