Can't get desktop to work after installing wireless router

G

My mom has CenturyLink Broadband DSL that was connected directly to her desktop. She got a laptop and a wireless router. The wireless router is a Cisco DLink N and it seems to work just fine. The laptop connects to it securely and she can use it anywhere around the house. Unfortunately, now the desktop will not connect to the internet. It does not have wireless and is connected directly to the router with ethernet. Since they've gone through several ISPs over the years, there were several other software packages, etc. that needed to be cleaned out. So, now it connects to the router and gets the same gateway as the laptop and receives an IP address that looks ok and it does nslookups and returns valid information. But each time I try anything more than an nslookup and tracert from a dos prompt, I have connection problems that always point me back to something vague and generic. Any idea?

G

Check TCP/IP Properties, it only takes seconds and maybe it's the answer.

Start, Connect To, Connection, Properties, Scroll Down TCP/IP and highlight, click Properties and check that Obtain DNS and IP address automatically are enabled.