Canon or Nikon

Last response: in Digital Camera
Share
January 19, 2005 4:45:17 PM

After getting close to buying a new Dslr camera, I keep reading that the
Canon 20D keeps getting dark flash pictures, even with their new 580x. Is
Nikon having the same problem. It seems like the more complicated they make
the flash system the worse it gets.

More about : canon nikon

January 19, 2005 6:30:37 PM

In article <VZCdnaBvH7l5JXPcRVn-2w@comcast.com>,
"Jimbo" <Jimbo@comcast.net> wrote:

> After getting close to buying a new Dslr camera, I keep reading that the
> Canon 20D keeps getting dark flash pictures, even with their new 580x. Is
> Nikon having the same problem. It seems like the more complicated they make
> the flash system the worse it gets.

While it may be user error for the dark exposures. The Nikon has a
superior flash metering system. If you plan to use a flash alot with
automatic metering, then the D70 is a better choice.

JR
Anonymous
January 19, 2005 7:31:33 PM

Nikon sb600 is very impressive so far. But I'm just an amateur so take that
with a grain of salt.

"JR" <jrhone@mac.com.invalid> wrote in message
> In article <VZCdnaBvH7l5JXPcRVn-2w@comcast.com>,
> "Jimbo" <Jimbo@comcast.net> wrote:
>
> > After getting close to buying a new Dslr camera, I keep reading that
the
> > Canon 20D keeps getting dark flash pictures, even with their new 580x.
Is
> > Nikon having the same problem. It seems like the more complicated they
make
> > the flash system the worse it gets.
>
> While it may be user error for the dark exposures. The Nikon has a
> superior flash metering system. If you plan to use a flash alot with
> automatic metering, then the D70 is a better choice.
>

> JR
Related resources
January 19, 2005 11:42:38 PM

One of my points, if the Nikon SB600 can do it why not a more expensive
Camera like the 20D with all its Hi cost flashes do better out of the box..

"hotchkisstrio" <paulyhotchkiss@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Nikon sb600 is very impressive so far. But I'm just an amateur so take
that
> with a grain of salt.
>

> "JR" <jrhone@mac.com.invalid> wrote in message
> > In article <VZCdnaBvH7l5JXPcRVn-2w@comcast.com>,
> > "Jimbo" <Jimbo@comcast.net> wrote:
> >
> > > After getting close to buying a new Dslr camera, I keep reading that
> the
> > > Canon 20D keeps getting dark flash pictures, even with their new 580x.
> Is
> > > Nikon having the same problem. It seems like the more complicated
they
> make
> > > the flash system the worse it gets.
> >
> > While it may be user error for the dark exposures. The Nikon has a
> > superior flash metering system. If you plan to use a flash alot with
> > automatic metering, then the D70 is a better choice.
> >

> > JR

Anonymous
January 20, 2005 12:34:30 AM

Jimbo wrote:
> After getting close to buying a new Dslr camera, I keep reading that
> the Canon 20D keeps getting dark flash pictures, even with their new
> 580x. Is Nikon having the same problem. It seems like the more
> complicated they make the flash system the worse it gets.

Not from my experience. If it really did, it would not be difficult to
adjust for it.

--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
Anonymous
January 20, 2005 1:33:50 AM

"Jimbo" <Jimbo@comcast.net> wrote in

> After getting close to buying a new Dslr camera, I keep reading that
> the
> Canon 20D keeps getting dark flash pictures, even with their new 580x.

So buy a Metz, Sunpack or Quantum instead.

What's the holdup?

!