Please help. Gigabyte DES 2.0 = dangerous.

Jordan_23

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2011
Hi all,
I've been really happy with the X58 G1.Sniper so far, having used it for a couple months with 0 issues. I made the mistake of trying out DES 2.0. It froze up when I accessed the advanced options--Windows 7 64-bit, so I force quit it. Then, I tried opening it up several times afterwards and had no success. Thus, I got sick of it and decided to uninstall it. Good riddance. That was likely my mistake because I didn't "turn it off" before the uninstallation. I restarted to complete the uninstall, and I have no video to monitor. But, it still posts, and the OS still loads...Great. Absolutely nothing done so far has worked to rectify the issue. I'm using a RAID 10 set up, but thought that fully clearing the CMOS by removing the battery might help --- nope. Now I have no video and no working OS. I know for certain that DES is running still in a stealth mode and causing the problem.

What are my options (because I do NOT want to RMA) to fix this issue caused by DES 2.0. I wish I could use another computer to access my own but I can't =( What if I switch up the hard drives or disconnect the raid and use one from another computer?

And I guess it goes without saying, this program should NOT be used. Stay away!

Thank you!
Edit: Tech support was not very helpful and evaded the whole issue of DES causing instability.

G1.Sniper, i7-930, 6gb ram, 1200 psu, 570 classified. h100 cpu cooler.

wentworth

Honorable
Jun 23, 2012
If you know DOS you could check if it is running as a TSR the command is as follow at the prompt mem/p. You will need to install the DOS commands onto a CD and boot from it. The other problem with this kind of software are the hidden keys (32k files) when you install and is different for all system because it is based on certain pieces of hardware from the system. If you disable the RAID you might (most probably) loose everything because the keys might be on different HDD. If you have tried to install DES on a SSD, there is nothing to do other than formatting the SSD and start from scratch. :heink: