Closed

Which combination will be better for a mid-range gaming PC?

Guys plz help. I'm going to buy a new computer soon and I can't decide which one to buy as I'm on a budget right know. I need a little bit help on the decision. I mostly play games, watch movies and surf the internet. My product's description is:

(1)Dell Inspiron Desktop 580s (T241002IN8)
Intel Core i3-550 Processor (3.20GHz, 1333MHz FSB, 4MB Cache)
Intel H57 Chipset
Genuine Windows 7 Home Basic 64 bit
2GB (1X2GB) DDR3 SDRAM 1333MHz Memory
320GB SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive with Native Command Queuing
Dell IN1920 18.5" Widescreen Flat Panel Monitor
Integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator HD
Integrated 7.1 Channel Audio
16X DVD+/-RW with Dual Layer Write Capability

OR

(2)HP Pavilion p6328in Desktop PC (BK418AA)
Intel Core i3 processor 530 2.93GHz, DMI 2.5GT/s
Intel H57 PCH
Genuine Windows® 7 Home Basic 32-bit
3 GB DDR3
320 GB SATA Hard Disk Drive (7200 rpm)
Intel HD Graphics
High Definition Audio 7.1
15-in-1 memory card reader

Graphics Card:

(a)Nvidia GTS 250 (1GB)
(b)Nvidia GTS 450 (512 MB)
(c)Nvidia GTX 260 (896 MB)

I am not really good at computer hardware and I don't know anything about the motherboards of this processors. Really sorry for that. :(

Plz tell me which one to buy and which graphics card would be the better one. I am too confused right now due to so many options. :heink:

And these are the games I'm going play:
Assassin's Creed, The Sims 3, Empire: Total War, Devil May Cry 4, Dragon Age: Origins, Prince of Persia and Civilization V.

If you can just help me with the decision I would be really grateful to you guys.
16 answers Last reply
More about which combination range gaming
  1. The Hp gives more ram. (better than Dell any day )

    As for the card, go with the GTX 260. That'll be great for all kinds of games.
  2. The first system says it comes with a monitor and the second doesn't. This is a rather large difference. Do you need a monitor? How much do you actually have to spend?
  3. Are you in the states?

    What are the prices for these systems? Your probably over paying, on the GFX card at least...
  4. jyjjy said:
    The first system says it comes with a monitor and the second doesn't. This is a rather large difference. Do you need a monitor? How much do you actually have to spend?


    Yup, I need a monitor. I now have around $897.868 to spend but it would be better if I don't have to spend all of these cause I wanna buy some new games too.
  5. For $854, you can easily build your own computer that would be MUCH better than those two options.
  6. Petey1013 said:
    Are you in the states?

    What are the prices for these systems? Your probably over paying, on the GFX card at least...


    I'm not from the US actually, I'm from India. Prices are quite high around here compared to the US :( . Here are the prices:

    Dell Inspiron Desktop 580s (T241002IN8) - $716.049
    HP Pavilion p6328in Desktop PC (BK418AA) - $640.853

    GTS 250 - Not sure but it's around $157.127
    GTS 450 - $179.574
    GTX 260 - $267.116
  7. Also has mentioned, by ct, that Dell (s) is a slim line pc, it greatly reduces what discrete video card you can later install.
    Out of those three cards also, I would advise for the gts 450. It sips power and runs cool , you might as well get a modern 40nm gpu. It has dx11, whether you can play with dx10,9, 11 will depend on quality and resolution settings.
  8. Quote:
    a HD 5670 ? maybe HD5750? HD4850 ? HD 4890

    Those ATI options are better than those Nvidia cards u have listed in terms of power consumption/performance, and they cost fairly the same


    Yeah you're right about that. ATI Radeon HD 4870 costs the same as GTS 450 around here but performs better than GTX 260. But the only problem is ATI Radeon HD 4870 doesn't seem fit in the Dell 580s. My reseller said that the Nvidia GTX 260 or GTS 250 might barely fit in that small case. Moreover I can't seem to find a good variety of choices like Nvidia. My reseller has very few varieties and most are not for gaming.
  9. terminator9955 said:
    Guys plz help. I'm going to buy a new computer soon and I can't decide which one to buy as I'm on a budget right know. I need a little bit help on the decision. I mostly play games, watch movies and surf the internet. My product's description is:

    (1)Dell Inspiron Desktop 580s (T241002IN8)
    Intel Core i3-550 Processor (3.20GHz, 1333MHz FSB, 4MB Cache)
    Intel H57 Chipset
    Genuine Windows 7 Home Basic 64 bit
    2GB (1X2GB) DDR3 SDRAM 1333MHz Memory
    320GB SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive with Native Command Queuing
    Dell IN1920 18.5" Widescreen Flat Panel Monitor
    Integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator HD
    Integrated 7.1 Channel Audio
    16X DVD+/-RW with Dual Layer Write Capability

    OR

    (2)HP Pavilion p6328in Desktop PC (BK418AA)
    Intel Core i3 processor 530 2.93GHz, DMI 2.5GT/s
    Intel H57 PCH
    Genuine Windows® 7 Home Basic 32-bit
    3 GB DDR3
    320 GB SATA Hard Disk Drive (7200 rpm)
    Intel HD Graphics
    High Definition Audio 7.1
    15-in-1 memory card reader

    Graphics Card:

    (a)Nvidia GTS 250 (1GB)
    (b)Nvidia GTS 450 (512 MB)
    (c)Nvidia GTX 260 (896 MB)

    I am not really good at computer hardware and I don't know anything about the motherboards of this processors. Really sorry for that. :(

    Plz tell me which one to buy and which graphics card would be the better one. I am too confused right now due to so many options. :heink:

    And these are the games I'm going play:
    Assassin's Creed, The Sims 3, Empire: Total War, Devil May Cry 4, Dragon Age: Origins, Prince of Persia and Civilization V.

    If you can just help me with the decision I would be really grateful to you guys.


    The Phenom II X4 955 or 965 is faster than all of the Intel i3's according to articles I read in Toms Hardware. i5 is faster and very overclockable. If I were you, I'd look for an AMD quad core for a mid-level gaming machine.
  10. Yup it's nice but the problem is Newegg doesn't delivers processors and graphics cards to India and AMD processors are not available in my city(Atleast as far as I've searched). But thanks for the graphics card suggestion. I think I'll order it from any Indian website. One more thing, do you think Radeon HD 4870 will be a good choice? Cause its currently available at my reseller's store and it's quite cheap too. I've also heard that it's performance is better than GTX 260.
  11. Its not better than a gtx 260, about the same. You can look up benchmarks, like here:
    http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/HIS/HD_4870_IceQ4/29.html
    I would use a recommended power supply with a 4870.
  12. Quote:
    Athlon II x4 640-120USD/5435 Rupee
    -----------------------------------------------------
    http://www.theitdepot.com/details-AMD+AthlonII+X4+635+2.9GHz+Processor_C30P7375.html

    Sapphire HD5670 512MB-USD130/5835Rupee
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.theitdepot.com/details-Sapphire+Radeon+HD5670++512MB+ATI+PCI+E+Graphic+Cards_C45P7700.html

    Asus M4A88T-M 128USD/5720 Rupee
    ------------------------
    http://www.theitdepot.com/details-Asus+M4A88T-M+16GB+DDR3+AMD+Motherboard_C13P7744.html


    These OK?


    Yup, thanks a lot. :D And thanks a lot for the link to the website.
  13. Thanks a lot guys, I have finally decided to build my own PC rather than buying that OEM. It didn't save me much money but got me a much better PC instead.
  14. Best answer selected by terminator9955.
  15. Yeah, it's always best to build your own. It's really not hard and you can chose all quality components that match exactly what you want. With prebuilt computers you will usually end up with a low quality and/or underpowered power supply, a motherboard with no ability to overclock and sometimes a case that is "slim" or nonstandard and limits your ability to upgrade.
  16. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Intel Graphics