TurkzZ

Distinguished
May 12, 2005
ok so i buy a new silverstone psu as the old OCZ psu fan packed up a month back....pc still runs stable without it, bit higher temps thoughf... anyway

upon waiting for delivery i had a look into the case. Now the big psu fan faces the cpu vertically , so am i right in thinking the psu fan takes heat out of the case? as i don't feel any air coming out from the vent at all :S

and the cpu fan blows cool air onto the heat sink below it right? ... i also have a silverstone cross case fan which does alot of heat extracting.

now in true computing fashion, just as i have brought the new silverstone psu, the ocz psu fan has started spinning again, it make a few tire screech like noises and now is spinning, still no air flow out the vent on the back though.

i should still go with the newly brought psu right lol...

jb6684

Distinguished
Check out the warranty coverage on the OCZ. You might be able to RMA it to the factory for a fix. That would only cost you shipping one way. Then keep it for a spare or eBay it...

If the warranty is up on the OCZ, and your handy, take the case off the power supply (after its out of your system, unplugged, and sitting on a bench of course). Look at the fan, if it's a standard case fan, just replace it. Then keep it for a spare or eBay it...

Either way, install the Silverstone, it's a way better supply .... enjoy