Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

PHENOM X6 OWNERS THREAD

Last response: in CPUs
Share
a b à CPUs
March 4, 2011 8:06:41 PM

Hello all you fellow X6 owners, i saw a Sandy Bridge Owners Thread, and thought what a good idea. So here you go a common thread for us all to share our thoughts, concerns, gripes, rigs, setups and joy.

More about : phenom owners thread

March 4, 2011 10:16:19 PM

I bought my Phenom II X6 1090T last year when it first came out. I do a lot of video encoding with Handbrake and XVID4PSP, and having 6 cores makes it fly through the encoding.

For gaming I play Madden and Bill Walsh on Gens, and I play Star Wars Battlefront 2, and it is more than fast enough with my GTX260. Very happy with my first AMD machine.

I added a SSD a few months back, and it is very smooth now.
a b à CPUs
March 4, 2011 10:30:53 PM


Now, now psycho. If you dont want spam in your thread, you shouldn't do it to others. :kaola: 

+ anyways... Didn't you have Phenom II x4 and 6 before? (and weren't you blow away by a cpu overclock of the phenom ii x4 [:graywolf:8] )

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/276687-28-unfreakinbe...

Edit: warmon6 is referring to a thread that has been deleted :D 
Related resources
a b à CPUs
March 4, 2011 10:58:20 PM

Uther39 said:
Hello all you fellow X6 owners, i saw a Sandy Bridge Owners Thread, and thought what a good idea. So here you go a common thread for us all to share our thoughts, concerns, gripes, rigs, setups and joy.

love the 1100 t , video encoding just flies , the few racing games are fantastic , especially on a 42" screen . So far am happy with the AMD 1100T .And it runs cool 29c at idle , never goes over 42-44c . Programs install in a blink , everything is fast .
a c 78 à CPUs
March 4, 2011 11:01:33 PM

warmon6 said:
Now, now psycho. If you dont want spam in your thread, you shouldn't do it to others. :kaola: 
Agreed... Spamming / Fanboy wars are not wanted in either thread and will result in thread closing (once they get out of hand, as a little fun is always good... as long as clean and not attacks :non:  :lol:  )
a c 151 à CPUs
March 4, 2011 11:12:08 PM

X6 Owner here! 12gb ram. 2 TB raid, 640gb raid. 2tb backup drive. Even got the AMD edition of the Haf 932. :lol: 

I got it when it first came out too. Its pretty nice once overclocked :) 
March 5, 2011 12:17:53 AM

i'm waiting to buy myself an X 6 for my GA-890GPA-UD3H mother board , suprisingly the mother board is considered one of the midrange mother boards by gigabite , but it's on board graphic processors looks to be about the strength of my xbox 360 from the video's i've watched .. (never used the On board graphics cause i got me a ATI 6870 )

i'm not sure if i want to get a T 1100 .. the clock speed is slower than my current phenom II 4 core ...

right now i have my fingers crossed that AMD comes out with another step up for the six core and THEN i'll grab one ...

AMD rocks , i can't understand how there are so many INTEL fanboys out there ... sure you've got faster system specs , but in REAL WORLD performance , video games , movies , multi tasking etc you can't really tell the difference between the higest AMD cores and intel cores ( sole exception adobe CS 5 ) i just build myself a new top of the line AMD computer and couldn't be happier , the thing is quality , and going AMD i proably saved myself at least 500 , and because i went AMD , there's an uprgade path that i can follow which will save me even MORE money in the future .... thanks AMD !
a b à CPUs
March 5, 2011 2:37:59 AM

marquis said:
i'm waiting to buy myself an X 6 for my GA-890GPA-UD3H mother board , suprisingly the mother board is considered one of the midrange mother boards by gigabite , but it's on board graphic processors looks to be about the strength of my xbox 360 from the video's i've watched .. (never used the On board graphics cause i got me a ATI 6870 )

i'm not sure if i want to get a T 1100 .. the clock speed is slower than my current phenom II 4 core ...

right now i have my fingers crossed that AMD comes out with another step up for the six core and THEN i'll grab one ...

AMD rocks , i can't understand how there are so many INTEL fanboys out there ... sure you've got faster system specs , but in REAL WORLD performance , video games , movies , multi tasking etc you can't really tell the difference between the higest AMD cores and intel cores ( sole exception adobe CS 5 ) i just build myself a new top of the line AMD computer and couldn't be happier , the thing is quality , and going AMD i proably saved myself at least 500 , and because i went AMD , there's an uprgade path that i can follow which will save me even MORE money in the future .... thanks AMD !


While you got a point of in most real world tasks, you can't tell a difference between intel and amd cpu's (in F@H you can tell if your in the Points Per Day (PPD) stuff).

What it is for some people is that for some they get this "some kind of good feeling" when you know you got the best stuff out there. Although most of those people that have an intel system due to performance reasons, will easily switch over to AMD if they have the better performing cpu. (If history is any refferance, look at the Athlon 64 vs Pentium 4 days. A lot of the performance people was on the AMD bandwagon when they were performing better than Intel)




As for other people, (like my dad) who had issue in the past where they started out on AMD systems and had issues with them on multiple builds until they build just 1 Intel build that never had an issue early on after a build was finish.

(my dad major issue was is that the 2 AMD desktop builds that we had before the intel desktop was the cpu where overheating so often that they fryed under the stock heat sink within a year of building. This was before AMD had anti-overheating systems and Cool'n'Quite features built in. The other minor issue was some apps that he needed to run require certain instructions that intels cpu had but amd didn't at the time. Although i dont remember what they were at the top of my head.)

Now when he build the Intel system (that died a while back), he didn't experience any issues early on so he was hook (the system was a P4 based build)

While i know that AMD doesn't have that issue anymore, it's difficult to convince someone to build another system with an AMD based build when they have had issues with them. (I know, i been trying to convince my dad of having an Athlon II x3 build to replace the desktop i mentioned above but as said with those issues of the past he certainly not easily won over. [:huntluck] That even with myself offering my money to build the darn thing.)


Quote:
and because i went AMD , there's an uprgade path that i can follow which will save me even MORE money in the future .... thanks AMD !


Although that part is kind iffy right now due to the AM3+ socket.

Unlike the past where you could have an Am3 cpu in AM3, AM2+, and AM2 socket. the AM3+ cpu's will not be able to go in any socket but AM3+. :pt1cable: 

Now, AM3 cpu's can go to AM3+ sockets but not the other way around. So if your upgrading your motherboard, that is an upgrade path but not the cpu route like it was in the past. [:grahamlv:3]



a c 127 à CPUs
March 5, 2011 4:52:50 AM

I only have a Athlon II X2....... In my other system....

Maybe I will upgrade it to a X6 for shnits and giggles later....
!