Status
Not open for further replies.

drexeus

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2010
Hi guys! So, i recently built a 'puter with a gts 450. The problem is I can't seem to get it to work.

The specs are as follows:

Mobo: asus m4a785td-m evo
cpu: amd athlon II 640
psu: scythe stronger 500w
ram: elixir cfd DDR3-1600(PC3-12800) 9-9-9-24
gpu: GF-GTS450-E1GHD [PCIExp 1GB]
case: antec 300

The monitor being used is a bit ancient. Its a 19' acer but that is also due for upgrade in the near future. As you can probably tell its on a bit of a tight budget. It posted fine on the IGP but when i used the vga-dvi converter for the discrete, i get nothing but black screen. I reseated the gpu and unplugged and plugged it back it. The fan runs but i have no response from the monitor. Is there an incompatibility issue? Please advise. Thanks in advance guys.

Solution
Basically if you have a jumper on your board you which has 3 pins of which two pins are being used by the jumper, Now you will pull out the jumper and place it on the last pin that isn't being used so basically opposite pin will be free, power it on wait 5 seconds unplug put the jumper back in its original place, Or remove the battery wait 5 seconds put it back in. Upgrading your bios is fairly simple but must be done with caution go to your motherboards website and download the firmware update and utility before updating your bios save a copy of the original, the utility should offer this feature, I recommend the battery idea though, Let me know what happens

Jonathern

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2010

I actually did it to myself but what i did was pull out my Cmos battery then it worked again or your other alternativie is to upgrade your bios

drexeus

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2010

So you mean to say that i have to remove the cmos battery and replace/return it and it should work? Is upgrading the bios easy? Thanks for the quick reply Jonathern. :D

Jonathern

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2010
Basically if you have a jumper on your board you which has 3 pins of which two pins are being used by the jumper, Now you will pull out the jumper and place it on the last pin that isn't being used so basically opposite pin will be free, power it on wait 5 seconds unplug put the jumper back in its original place, Or remove the battery wait 5 seconds put it back in. Upgrading your bios is fairly simple but must be done with caution go to your motherboards website and download the firmware update and utility before updating your bios save a copy of the original, the utility should offer this feature, I recommend the battery idea though, Let me know what happens

Solution

Jonathern

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2010

n
nYeah you can access my email its displayed in my profile and let me know, As i changed my bios setting for my graphics card and had no choice but to pull my battery out and put it back in plus further info it resets your time so adjust it after, Happy computing :D

Status
Not open for further replies.