Closed Solved

Best GPU for Video/Media Editing + Gaming?

Well the PC i'm building is pretty much ready but I've been thinking about my GPU and I wanna know whats the best GPU to get that I can edit and produce HD videos with (which is the main purpose) while having small games like mw2 black ops etc?

Im running a system w/ :

8 GB Ram
1TB
i7 950
650W

& Everything in my system is SLI / Crossfire Ready because I will eventually get a second card.

Thanks
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about best video media editing gaming
  1. Whats your budget? What software do you use?

If it's anything CUDA accelerate you'll need to go Nvidia. Cheapest would be a GTX 460 at ~$200.
  2. For a card Alone dont wanna spend over 250 for now until I crossfire / sli later

When I assemble it I will be using Windows 7 64 Bit
  3. I meant video editing software. Premier is CUDA accelerated for example, as are many addon's for Aftereffects.

Suggestion for $250 would be a GTX 470 $230 after MIR
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814500157&cm_re=gtx_470-_-14-500-157-_-Product
  4. Yeah if I say Im going to be using Mostly premier & after effects with minimal sony vegas if at all does that change anytthing?

EDIT:

Also If I said my budget was 300 and I was looking for an asus/evga card could you help me with that?
  5. Best answer
    Zotac is a perfectly good company which has a lifetime warranty.

EVGA cards are not worth more than PNY, Zotac, Asus or Gigabyte. Same with factory OC cards. Paying people to push a few buttons for you is kinda silly.

Regardless, any suggestion from $240-$350 range would be the gtx 470.
  6. Best answer selected by Satchel.
  7. Alright Thanks Mate
  8. 470 GTX Superclocked $249 after MIR

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130549

I'll disagree with the poster above on the paying for someone else to push a few buttons. As some one who's been there and done that .... and had a card replaced because it couldn't hold the guaranteed overclock, that guarantee has a monetary value. At $10 .... as in the link above, I'll gladly pay it .... if it was $50 I wouldn't.
  9. This topic has been closed by Maziar
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build GPUs Video Gaming Systems Product