need help on warpwell

Is the warpwell around a planet actually a 6 by 6 ly square?
9 answers Last reply
More about need warpwell
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.vga-planets (More info?)

    "Mark" <m.tinnemans@bcsroermond.nl> wrote in message
    news:B8Hsc.5455$CM5.17114@zonnet-reader-1...
    > Is the warpwell around a planet actually a 6 by 6 ly square?

    No

    The warpwell extends 3 ly "around" the planet.

    To traverse the warpwell you must travel at warp 1.

    --

    Regards,
    Merlyn

    Merlyn at thelastdomain.com
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.vga-planets (More info?)

    > Is the warpwell around a planet actually a 6 by 6 ly square?

    normal warpwell:
    xxxxx
    xxxOxxx
    xxxxx

    for a hyp jump:

    xxxxx
    xxOxx
    xxxxx
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.vga-planets (More info?)

    Thanks! just what I needed.

    Mark.

    >> Is the warpwell around a planet actually a 6 by 6 ly square?
    >
    > normal warpwell:
    > xxxxx
    > xxxOxxx
    > xxxxx
    >
    > for a hyp jump:
    >
    > xxxxx
    > xxOxx
    > xxxxx
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.vga-planets (More info?)

    Harry Bur wrote:
    >>Is the warpwell around a planet actually a 6 by 6 ly square?
    >
    > normal warpwell:
    > xxxxx
    > xxxOxxx
    > xxxxx

    I doubt that.

    Normal warp well:

    xxxxx
    xxxxx
    xxxOxxx
    xxxxx
    xxxxx

    Yours was one line to short, and it was probably using a
    proportional-width font, so one can only guess what it means.

    > for a hyp jump:
    >
    > xxxxx
    > xxOxx
    > xxxxx

    xxxxx
    xxxxx
    xxOxx
    xxxxx
    xxxxx

    Stefan
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.vga-planets (More info?)

    "Stefan Reuther" <stefan.news@arcor.de> wrote in message

    > Yours was one line to short, and it was probably using a
    > proportional-width font, so one can only guess what it means.

    Thank you Stefan

    --

    Regards,
    Merlyn

    Merlyn at thelastdomain.com
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.vga-planets (More info?)

    I guess here is a small mistake:

    > for a hyp jump:
    >
    > xxxxx
    > xxOxx
    > xxxxx

    the hyp warp well is
    xxxxx
    xxxxx
    xxoxx
    xxxxx
    xxxxx
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.vga-planets (More info?)

    Dacian Hantig wrote:

    > I guess here is a small mistake:
    >

    >>for a hyp jump:
    >>
    >> xxxxx
    >>xxOxx
    >> xxxxx
    >

    > the hyp warp well is
    > xxxxx
    > xxxxx
    > xxoxx
    > xxxxx
    > xxxxx

    I thought the HYP-warpwell for corellian ships looks like that:

    . .
    . . . . .
    +. _____ . . + . .
    . . ,-~" "~-. +
    ,^ ___ ^. + . . .
    / .^ ^. \ . _ .
    Y l o ! Y . __CL\H--.
    . l_ `.___.' _,[ L__/_\H' \\--_- +
    |^~"-----------""~ ^| + __L_(=): ]-_ _-- -
    + . ! ! . T__\ /H. //---- - .
    . \ / ~^-H--'
    ^. .^ . " +.
    "-.._____.,-" . .
    + . . + .
    + . + .
    . . . -Row Death Star
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.vga-planets (More info?)

    "Dacian Hantig" <dacianhantig@rdslink.ro> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > I guess here is a small mistake:
    >
    > > for a hyp jump:
    > >
    > > xxxxx
    > > xxOxx
    > > xxxxx
    >
    > the hyp warp well is
    > xxxxx
    > xxxxx
    > xxoxx
    > xxxxx
    > xxxxx

    Ops.. right. Thanks.

    Harry
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.vga-planets (More info?)

    > Thanks! just what I needed.

    You need the corrections from Stefan too.

    harry

Games VGA Video Games