need help on warpwell

Last response: in Video Games
Share
May 25, 2004 4:40:01 PM

Is the warpwell around a planet actually a 6 by 6 ly square?

More about : warpwell

Anonymous
May 25, 2004 4:40:02 PM

"Mark" <m.tinnemans@bcsroermond.nl> wrote in message
news:B8Hsc.5455$CM5.17114@zonnet-reader-1...
> Is the warpwell around a planet actually a 6 by 6 ly square?

No

The warpwell extends 3 ly "around" the planet.

To traverse the warpwell you must travel at warp 1.

--

Regards,
Merlyn

Merlyn at thelastdomain.com
Anonymous
May 25, 2004 6:49:16 PM

> Is the warpwell around a planet actually a 6 by 6 ly square?

normal warpwell:
xxxxx
xxxOxxx
xxxxx

for a hyp jump:

xxxxx
xxOxx
xxxxx
Related resources
May 25, 2004 6:49:17 PM

Thanks! just what I needed.

Mark.

>> Is the warpwell around a planet actually a 6 by 6 ly square?
>
> normal warpwell:
> xxxxx
> xxxOxxx
> xxxxx
>
> for a hyp jump:
>
> xxxxx
> xxOxx
> xxxxx
Anonymous
May 26, 2004 1:32:13 AM

Harry Bur wrote:
>>Is the warpwell around a planet actually a 6 by 6 ly square?
>
> normal warpwell:
> xxxxx
> xxxOxxx
> xxxxx

I doubt that.

Normal warp well:

xxxxx
xxxxx
xxxOxxx
xxxxx
xxxxx

Yours was one line to short, and it was probably using a
proportional-width font, so one can only guess what it means.

> for a hyp jump:
>
> xxxxx
> xxOxx
> xxxxx

xxxxx
xxxxx
xxOxx
xxxxx
xxxxx

Stefan
Anonymous
May 26, 2004 1:32:14 AM

"Stefan Reuther" <stefan.news@arcor.de> wrote in message

> Yours was one line to short, and it was probably using a
> proportional-width font, so one can only guess what it means.

Thank you Stefan

--

Regards,
Merlyn

Merlyn at thelastdomain.com
Anonymous
May 26, 2004 2:24:57 AM

I guess here is a small mistake:

> for a hyp jump:
>
> xxxxx
> xxOxx
> xxxxx

the hyp warp well is
xxxxx
xxxxx
xxoxx
xxxxx
xxxxx
Anonymous
May 26, 2004 2:24:58 AM

Dacian Hantig wrote:

> I guess here is a small mistake:
>

>>for a hyp jump:
>>
>> xxxxx
>>xxOxx
>> xxxxx
>

> the hyp warp well is
> xxxxx
> xxxxx
> xxoxx
> xxxxx
> xxxxx

I thought the HYP-warpwell for corellian ships looks like that:

. .
. . . . .
+. _____ . . + . .
. . ,-~" "~-. +
,^ ___ ^. + . . .
/ .^ ^. \ . _ .
Y l o ! Y . __CL\H--.
. l_ `.___.' _,[ L__/_\H' \\--_- +
|^~"-----------""~ ^| + __L_(=): ]-_ _-- -
+ . ! ! . T__\ /H. //---- - .
. \ / ~^-H--'
^. .^ . " +.
"-.._____.,-" . .
+ . . + .
+ . + .
. . . -Row Death Star
Anonymous
May 26, 2004 5:31:52 PM

"Dacian Hantig" <dacianhantig@rdslink.ro> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> I guess here is a small mistake:
>
> > for a hyp jump:
> >
> > xxxxx
> > xxOxx
> > xxxxx
>
> the hyp warp well is
> xxxxx
> xxxxx
> xxoxx
> xxxxx
> xxxxx

Ops.. right. Thanks.

Harry
Anonymous
May 26, 2004 5:37:49 PM

> Thanks! just what I needed.

You need the corrections from Stefan too.

harry
!