Does this psu blow in or out of case???

D

Deleted member 362816

Right now i am using an xfx black edition 750 watt psu in this case i have figured out that the noise is from the powersupply it does this because of how the fan is mounted on the bottom of the case. I want to find an psu that can power my system that has fans on the back of the power supply because the ones that have big fans when they are mounted upside down in my case make a hell of a noise at higher temps and i cannot deal with this so i need to know if there are any good psus that have the back mounted fan instead of the fan mounted over the chip sets. I cannot turn the psu the other way in the case because if i do this it does not let my 180mm fans push air up through the case and makes the rest of my system hotter. God i am sick of psu lols.

Solution
The HX1000 has more power available on its 12V rails but also costs a fair amount more than the TPQ-1000, they are both very good units and i would personally go for the cheaper one
D

Deleted member 362816

Or mabye there is another way to do this. i wish there was psu that would take air from outside the case and pump it into the case. lol it would sadly work in my sistuation Because i need the fan to blow up not suck it otherwise it constricts my air flow.

D

Deleted member 362816

Thanks its a stupid question but with my luck lately lol... had to ask.. is this the best option i need a psu with a fan setup like this.

D

Deleted member 362816

I have a silverstone raven rv01 case with an 180mm fan above the psu like 1 inch that push air up see the issue is with my current psu xfx 750 black ed the fan sucks air from the bottom cut outs and pushing it out the back for some reason on all 3 of my psu its makes the fan make a ticking noise i cant deal with it

D

Deleted member 362816

I have to make a choice on a psu that is going to work in 1 hour otherwise im stuck with this one for a few weeks.

D

Deleted member 362816

I was looking at the corsair hx 1000 because it has great reviews but it has the same fan setup i really do not know what do do.

Robster894

Honorable
Nov 2, 2012

it wasnt a stupid question. you can mount the psu on the bottom either with the fan sucking outside air through the vent on the bottom of computer case like mine, or you could turn it the other way and be pulling air from within the case blowing it out. its what ever floats your boat man. i perfer having the fan sucking air from the outside. it keeps my psu cooler plus i have a 140mm exhaust fan on the top of my case pulling the hot air from inside. I have a Rosewill challenger it has front and back fans 120mm, the top one, and if i really wanted to i could put two more on the side blowing on my cpu and video card. good case and cheap ($50)