hersheys247

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2011
hello all

I am planning on building a computer for the kids, just browsing the net and homework., It is not going to need high end graphics as I do not plan on doing any gaming with it as well. I would like to however install a six-core and was planning on the AMD 1095T from newegg with an ASUS M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3 AM3 AMD 880G SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard from newegg. I was planning on installing 8gb of ram and using G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model F3-10666CL9D-8GBRL from newegg.

My first question to you guys is whether this combination would work
and
second how many watts my power supply would be.

also if anyone wants to suggest a gigabyte or MSI board im up for suggestiongs as long as its not above 110, i dont want to spend that much on a motherboard, as Im not interested aymore pci express or crossfire features.

thnx

Solution
The 1095T is not on the supported cpu list. Memory is not on the qualified memory list but mine work fine on my 890fx board.

PSU: a quality built 350-400watt unit would suffice.

You realize a 6 core processor is way overkill for kids browsing the web right? You could probably drop down to a triple core chip and 4GB of ram and not be affected at all. I'm running this in my home theatre and it even games decently for integrated video.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103886&cm_re=amd_x3-_-19-103-886-_-Product

popatim

Titan
The 1095T is not on the supported cpu list. Memory is not on the qualified memory list but mine work fine on my 890fx board.

PSU: a quality built 350-400watt unit would suffice.

You realize a 6 core processor is way overkill for kids browsing the web right? You could probably drop down to a triple core chip and 4GB of ram and not be affected at all. I'm running this in my home theatre and it even games decently for integrated video.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103886&cm_re=amd_x3-_-19-103-886-_-Product

Solution

hersheys247

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2011
very good thank you for the quick reply. Yes I know the 6 core cpu is a bit overkill, but i was thinking it is something that would last that a really long time, LOL hopefully for at least 5-10 years without them bugging me that their system is slow. thanks for the quick reply guys. I guess i was very curious because people were telling me "get at least a 750 watt just incase" Thanks again guys.

4745454b

Titan
I'd rather have 3 higher clocked cores for long term use then 6. And 4GBs will be fine. Think about whats come out over the last 5-10. Faster memory, SATA (not only sata but also sata 3 and 6Gbps.) multi core CPUs, etc. Overkill now might sound like a good idea, but 3-5 yrs from now there could be something out that you want. Also, spending $2000 now might get you a monster tower, but spending $1000 now and another $1000 3-5yrs from now gets you two usable machines. And that second machine will probably be stronger then the one you build now.