Temps looking kind of high when gaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrkeith

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2010
I was playing Bioshock 2 and had my temperature program going to see how hot the system got when playing games. It's funny that it got so hot since when I did a Prime95 test for 7 mins that the highest temp I got was 78c on 1 core. Anyways look at this.

http://i52.tinypic.com/afarfo.jpg

I'm just worried about summertime since it gets about 80 degrees fehrenheit in my house before we turn on the air. See the highest temps in the picture those were when I was playing the game. All my stuff is stock speeds no overclocking.

tecmo34

Administrator
Based on your room temperature comment, I won't worry about your temps showing in the image. Your idle & Prime95 temps are acceptable, which Prime95 stresses more than gaming. I would just continue to monitor and thank about getting a better heat sink to improve those temps (dependent on current HSF :) ).

mrkeith

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2010
ok yeah im sure in summer time the temps wont get beyond 70c. Thats kind of hot but hell ill have to update in 3-4 yrs anyway when some 8 cores come out lol(maybe even 12 cores). So i will just monitor them over the summer :) Thx guys for the info

Status
Not open for further replies.