Gtx 275 sli setup

I am considering buying another gtx 275 to put in sli, but I am unsure if I have enough power to handle the upgrade. My current power supply is an ultra 600w. Here are my other system specs.

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000 (Overclocked to 3.3 GHz)
HDD1: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB @ 7200 rpm
HDD2: Western Digital 250GB @ 7200 rps
MOBO: ASUS M2N32-SLI Delux
RAM: 4GB DDR2 Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz (Dual Channel)

Would I need to upgrade PS?
6 answers Last reply
More about setup
  1. Definitely upgrade your psu. The ultra 600 listed at tigerdirect has only 36a on the 12v rail.
    The gtx 275 can pull over 200 watts each.
  2. One more question:
    If I did upgrade, how much would one more 275 affect my gaming performance. Would I be limited by my processor?
  3. Your single 275 is limited as is in CPU intensive games, so adding another will make things worse.

Gladly your Mobos support Athlon IIs, so you might want to upgrade.
  4. Ya I would like to buy a Phenom II X4 940, but I'm not sure that it will work. Asus lists the 945 as a compatible processor, but not the 940. I find that strange since the 940 is am2+ and the 945 is AM3... I have an AM2+ board. Can anyone help me understand this compatibility issue?
  5. Some manufactures are slow in updating their compatibilitiy lists. You will have to verify that they Bios has been updated to support a 940. The physical compatibility of the board isn't an issue, just the bios.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Gtx Western Digital SLI Graphics Product