Ethernet & Network Controller 4 Presario 6000 re-install

jesupax

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2010
Hello, Presario 6000 after disk install, missing Ethernet Controller & Newwork Controller. Any idea how I can re-install them? Not on disks that came with comp.

You can get the drivers and the utilities from the manufacturer's website. Just download them on another PC, copy them to this one and install them.
If you have the disks that came with the PC, they should be there. If a different OS version, just use the closest OS version to the one that you have, i.e. if you have WIn7 64bit you can use Vista 64 bit drivers.
Also, for Win7, it is pretty good in finding drivers online by using Windows Update.

jesupax

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2010

The rest of my message did not go. Again, thank you. I have searched HP Compaq Presario for the 6000 hardware and drivers without success. I updated all the drivers for my machine from them but the Ethernet Controller and Network Controller was not included and after searching their site, I came up empty. Of course, they want money to talk to them. Would you have any other idea as to how to solve the problem. Again, they were not on the disks that came with the computer. Thanks again.