I really need some help here.
I just built a new system and assembled it but the system doesn't POST. The fans turn on, so do the lights and the dvd tray comes out and goes at the push of the button. (So I guess the PSU is working).
I hear 3 long beeps (about a second each) and then the system is ON for about 10-12 seconds, restarts; and then same thing again.
Processor : Intel Core i7 950
Processor Fan : Cooler Master CPU cooler
Motherboard : MSI X58M LGA 1366 Intel X58 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard
Video Card : GForce 8400 256MB PCIe
Memory : 6 GB DDR3 (Kingston ValueRAM 6GB (3 x 2GB) KVR1066D3S4R7SK3)
Hard disk : 320 GB SATA
DVD Drive : DVD R/W - LiteOn
Power Supply : Corsair 650W
Things I've tried:
1. I removed the Cooler master cpu cooler and put in the intel stock cooler.
2. Removed all the unwanted stuff keeping just:
- CPU fan
- 2 systems fans
- All the 3 RAMs
3. Then I removed all the RAMs. Still the same beep code - 3 long ones (about a second each) and restarting after 10 seconds.
4. I tried inserting the just one RAM in all 6 slots. No luck
5. Tried doing the same with the other 2 RAMs, still no luck.
Have all my RAM modules tanked? I can't seem to see what the problem is.
This is the first system i'm building from scratch, but i've played around quite a bit before.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
More about :post fans lights motherboard beeps times