Front Header pins

D

Deleted member 589304

This is a pretty basic question.

I just built a computer and Has a

GA-z68Xp-UD3 mother board by GIGABYTE.

I am trying to hook up my front header panel and cant figure out what to do with the power LED.

On this motherboard there are three pins for the header to connect to, on my case I only have two wires coming down. So my question is how do I connect this? Do I need some kind of converter or something or?

Or

do I only use the two and don't need all three pins?

The mother board pins look like this.

(+)(middle pin)(-)

So would I just plug positive to positive and negative to negative and not need the middle one.

Thanks

jockey

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2010
You can also connect to pins 2&4 in the upper left hand corner (page 22 in manual). This will show different sleep states thru the LED.
Corrected, was still on my first cup of coffee.

The F_PANEL (Front Panel Header) installation instructions are on Page 28 of the English GA-Z68XP-UD3-iSSD & GA-Z68XP-UD3 User's Manual Rev. 1001. Message/Power/Sleep LED pins 2 and 4 appear in the upper left corner of the Front Panel Header image in that manual:

GA_Z68_XP_UD3_F_PANEL_Front_Panel_Header.png

D

Deleted member 589304

So Hook them up to the upper left (Message/power/sleep LED) one not the lower right (Power LED)?

What is the difference?
I thought that I needed to plug it into the Power LED since the cables are labeled PWR LED +,-

If you're the type of user that allows your system to enter S0 sleep state, and you want an indication of that, then using the Message/Power/Sleep LED pins will cause the LED to blink on and off. The PWR+ & PWR- pins don't provide that functionality.