Sign in with
Your question

Send files through wireless network

Last response: in Wireless Networking
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
August 29, 2010 2:03:14 AM

I have a PC and 2 laptops. They are all in my 2wire gateway network. How do I actually SHARE or SEND files? I think everything is set up correctly but I don't see any "buttons" to open the other computers/laptops. Thanks for any advice.
a b D Laptop
August 29, 2010 5:47:41 AM

Quote:
I have a PC and 2 laptops. They are all in my 2wire gateway network. How do I actually SHARE or SEND files? I think everything is set up correctly but I don't see any "buttons" to open the other computers/laptops. Thanks for any advice.

[#0005ff]In XP's Start Menu you might have My Network Places but if you don't right click the Start button and go to Properties then Customise and Advanced and add the option to the menu. When you click on that you see a form which includes, on the left, Show Workgroup Computers and any that are in the same named workgroup will appear if they're switched on. In Vista and XP, you need the Network and Sharing Centre in Control Panel.

You then need, of course, to share some files and you start by right clicking a drive or folder and go to Sharing and Security then tick to share it with other. See if you get that far and post back if you need more details - it's quite an involved procedure to write out in full.
[/#000ff]
m
l
!