Sign in with
Your question

New Graphics Card not working

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 13, 2010 5:04:12 AM

I recently purchased a new HD5570 Graphics Card for my computer, but I cant seem to get it to work properly. I installed it in my computer's PCIe slot, selected PCIe as my primary display adaptor via my system BIOS, and disabled my onboard graphics using the device manager in Windows (there was no option to disable it through BIOS). However, I have tried connecting my monitor to my new card and each time I try (I have tried at various points in between the above steps listed) nothing happens. My monitor doesnt register any input and just goes to sleep with no display. Also in my device manager, I do not see my new graphics card listed under display adapters. I double-checked to make sure it was installed properly and it seems to be, the switch on the side of the card is down and in the locked position, and I'm pretty sure I can hear its fan running when I start up my computer. If anyone knows what the issue might be, or how to go about fixing it, please let me know. Any help is much appreciated, thanks alot in advance!

Computer specs:
Compaq SR5214x: link below

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01...

More about : graphics card working

October 13, 2010 5:12:27 AM

Looks like your power supply unit is struggling to handle it.
well, your onboard graphics card automatically gets disabled if a discrete graphics card is detected.
its your psu only (250w)
get a new psu 400 w or greater. Then it should work

Suggested ATI Radeon™ HD 5570 512MB DDR3 System Requirements
PCI Express® based PC is required with one X16 lane graphics slot available on the motherboard
400 Watt or greater power supply recommended
Certified power supplies are recommended. Refer to http://support.amd.com/us/certifie [...] sting.aspx for a list of Certified products
Minimum 1GB of system memory
Installation software requires CD-ROM drive
DVD playback requires DVD drive
Blu-ray™ playback requires Blu-ray drive

feel free to ask nything
Thanks
m
l
!