Sign in with
Your question

Linksys WRT 110 router

Last response: in Wireless Networking
August 29, 2010 4:29:30 AM

Hello,
My router works fine, the problem is I have no Linksys Icon on my desktop and no Map of what is on my network which was fine about one month ago, wierd, wierd, can anyone help! I have tried everything but evidently no the right thing, please help!! P.S. I also have no Linksys program to add or remove in my programs or in control panel, a frustrated "Geek"

More about : linksys wrt 110 router

August 29, 2010 5:38:46 AM

myjfsjrnew396e said:
Hello,
My router works fine, the problem is I have no Linksys Icon on my desktop and no Map of what is on my network which was fine about one month ago, wierd, wierd, can anyone help! I have tried everything but evidently no the right thing, please help!! P.S. I also have no Linksys program to add or remove in my programs or in control panel, a frustrated "Geek"

[#0005ff]There's no icon because you don't need one and nothing to remove because nothing went in. The router is almost a computer in its own right and lives in the network as a hub through which all the connections are made. As such it needs no software to be installed in your computers but you can interface with it if you want to change its settings. There's a few notes on that in post number 3 in this thread http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/28102-18-suppoort-s... [/#000ff]
m
l
August 29, 2010 1:49:51 PM

sadly sometimes total mapping shits itself to the you may only see 1 router in your network tree and that will be your local point..

whether it is windows or 3rd party program that spans your complete network trees sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't, better choose your OS platform wisely as may be faced with 2 sub networks given window/unix/linux incompatibility when seeing certain hard drive formats and OS's it can be a bitch for networking...
m
l
Related resources
!