Sign in with
Your question

I cant reach native resolution anymore

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 13, 2010 7:01:33 AM

Hello, My monitor ran fine for 2 years at 1680 X 1050 native. Recently when i rebooted the monitor didn't turn back on for a long time and when it did, it now reads native resolution at 1280 X 1024. I have updated video drivers. I have a newish 465 nvidia card and a westinghouse 22" wide screen LCD monitor.
October 13, 2010 7:29:21 AM

you go to nvidia control panel and click on change resolution tab on left-hand-side.
i think there you can change your native resolution
m
l
a b Î Nvidia
a b C Monitor
October 13, 2010 8:38:08 AM

Uninstall the drivers if it doesn't show the native resolution of you monitor there as native.
Use clean sweep to get rid of the whole Nvidia lot of drivers.
Reboot the system and install the latest Nvidia465 drivers available.
It'll then detect the monitor correctly and you'll get the right resolution then.
m
l
Related resources
October 14, 2010 10:58:56 AM

alyoshka said:
Uninstall the drivers if it doesn't show the native resolution of you monitor there as native.
Use clean sweep to get rid of the whole Nvidia lot of drivers.
Reboot the system and install the latest Nvidia465 drivers available.
It'll then detect the monitor correctly and you'll get the right resolution then.

I tried this but was unable to find clean sweep, googling it came up with a bunch other stuff. I uninstalled all the nvidia stuff, and even deleted the folders, and reinstalled and everything but it didnt work. However I think you have fingered the problem for sure, while looking thru the nvidia control panel i notice it has the monitor listed as a acer 17" which would explain the 1280 x 1024 resolution. I uninstalled the monitor in device manager and everything. It doesn't list westinghouse on the list of course. I gonna search for clean sweep more, and try to force it to change this monitor recognition. Thanx
m
l
a b Î Nvidia
a b C Monitor
October 14, 2010 11:34:38 AM

"Both ATI and NVIDIA have flat-panel options under Windows. It seems only NVIDIA has those options with their driver in Linux. Try the opposite of what you're currently using (monitor scaling vs. graphics card scaling). Also make sure you have monitor "drivers" (INF file describing horiz/vert sync) installed. Verify that all resolutions are asking for 60 Hz. "

This is what I found somewhere else :) 
And here are the drivers for your panel , think:
http://www.drivermicro.com/dm/795955.html
m
l
October 14, 2010 11:54:58 AM

As everyone else is say this is unlikely a hardware issue with your monitor. It is likely an issue withthe driver software. If you can't get results by reinstalling the software, you may need to reinstall the opperating system.
m
l
October 24, 2010 12:23:21 AM

The best I have learned is a driver program updated my monitor edid with the wrong one. My LCM-22w2 now thinks it is a acer al1714.
I now need to find someone with a lcm-22w2 monitor and have them copy their edid, and post it. I am attempting to talk with westinghouse but no reply yet. I have been able to make my own inf and use nvidia custom resolution to get to 1680 x 1049, some reason wont allow 1050.
m
l
October 25, 2010 9:42:02 PM

We have been made aware that their newest windows update recognizes our monitors as an Acer monitor, and since incorrect monitor designation communication problems are a result. So we suggest you contact Microsoft Windows Customer Support. If you have any further question our concerns please contact us at:

Westinghouse Customer Support Center at:
1-800-701-0680

m
l
a c 171 Î Nvidia
a b C Monitor
October 25, 2010 9:47:10 PM

If you haven't done so already it might be worth giving the latest drivers from Nvidia a go.
m
l
October 27, 2010 3:47:46 AM

You can clean your drivers with this tool, be very careful not to delete any chipset drivers, etc. Also run it in safe mode to be sure it works correctly.

With anything read the instructions 1st, lol.

http://www.guru3d.com/category/driversweeper/
m
l
November 9, 2010 2:21:53 AM

Cleaning my drivers is not gonna help, since I actually formatted the PC once already.

Westinghouse refuses to help since they never supply inf or drivers of any kind, and apparently any tech support either
(never buy Westinghouse)

Microsoft put me in touch with their famous India connection tech support and after 1 phone call told me they will investigate it and I haven't got an answer back in about 2 weeks now.

I know what has happened, a driver update has overwritten the edid with an improper monitor. We all know if a software program has broken it, another should be able to fix it.

But since westinghouse will not send me the registry info, or edid info, so that I can use someone Else's program to fix it,

And Microsoft, even tho they caused it, they cannot replace manuf. info If they do not have it, tho they have not admitted to that as of yet.
And since I formatted the PC, I lost any chance that the correct info was still stored somewhere in the registry.

I am stuck using my home made inf, with nvidia control panel custom resolutions to attain 1680 x 1049 @ 60Hrz
For some reason I cannot force it to the proper 1680 x 1050
m
l
!