I built a PC before summer and i've had loads of problems with BSOD.
Its mostly "MEMORY_MANAGEMENT" faults and the occasional "Page fault in nonpaged area".
Gigabyte X58A-UD3R (rev 2.0)
Gigabyte GTX 550 Ti
Core i7 950 (D0 stepping)
Corsair 6GB XMS3 1600hz (3x2gb)
Sata 3 Caviar Black 640gb (Plugged into the Marvell ports on the MB - About to change that)(Also running the os atm)
Corsair Force 3 60gb ssd (Also plugged into marvel port)(Soon to be os drive)
I can give you memory dump info etc, just about to restart the comp and swap over to the intel sata ports.
I am curious what frequency the BIOS says that your memory is running at. That board supports 800/1066/1333/2200 DDR3. Did you make any BIOS changes to your RAM to try to get it running at 1600MHz? If CPUID says 539MHz then you need to double that number which puts you in the 1066 range. In CPUID you can check each memory module. Are they all running at the same frequency? I did not think that underclocking memory would be a problem. Also, I had a memory problem 2 months ago with that exact board. It would run without any errors with 2 sticks of ram in dual channel mode but as soon as i installed a third stick for triple channel I started getting system crashes and sometimes I would receive memory related POST errors. Did you install your ram in the appropriate slots according to the manual?
FYI. I flashed the BIOS of the ex58-ud3r to see if that would fix my problem but I ended up screwing the board and it would not even POST after that. The back up BIOS did NOT kick in so I ended up buying the ex58-=usb3 that I have now.
Right, after lots of forum searching I found that it was most likely the qpi/vtt voltage, I hadn't originally set the ram to 1.65v either.
So after setting the voltages to 1.65 (~1.64 which was as close as the board would allow) I still got a BSOD.
I set the qpi voltage this morning to ~ 1.355 and uninstalled all of the gigabyte utility software installed, Such as "Dynamic Energy Saver 2" (More like Dynamic BSOD Generator) and "EasyTune6".
I also Disabled the tuning option in memory frequency tab, I had it set to "Extreme" which I found other people had problems with. After Setting it to "standard" CPU-ID Started showing the ram modules correctly, Before one was showing up as 3072MB not 2048MB. Along with some other goofy stuff.
I have been doing uni work all day, using photoshop and firefox along with a whole bunch of programs and no problem so far. The ram is showing as 1600MHZ at post and CPU-ID is showing them running at 9-9-9--24-2t and 799.4 MHZ.
On a whole, It would appear its been my lack of knowledge when setting the system up and in the BIOS menu.
I'd recomend to anyone running these boards to stay away from Gigabyte's utility software.
Enter memory voltages and timings manually, seems to do the trick.
On another note, I had the memory running on XMP Profile 1 and it frequently BSOD'd afterwards the memory would be clocked back to 1066 with mad looking numbers in the timing and frequencies Such as "64mhz" instead of 800Mhz. So it doesn't seem very reliable, another reason to enter voltages manually, I guess.