December 8, 2010 3:05:59 PM

configuration is:

AMD Phenom X3 8450 2.1
MSI K9A2-CF
Kingston 2GB 800mHz
2*500GB hdd
Palit 8600GT
audigy value
US Robotics wireless adapter for connection.

pc works stable usually but it freezes when i use a p2p - torrent. another strange thing is when i play mp3s. whenever player goes to the next song, it behaves like the file is on a portable hdd and it stops very short - like a milisecond - and goes on (i cannot find the true word here, i hope you got it)

i tried different RAMs and HDDs, also mine on different pc. mine are ok probably. I guess the problem is about - most probably - motherboard, or cpu.
i used xp and win7, it occurs with both and i also tried with cable modem, nothing changes.

help me guys, or i'll break my pc into pieces.

More about : strange freeze

December 22, 2010 3:00:08 PM

Do you have a lycosa gaming keyboard? This has been know to cause this issue.

If not then I suggest testing ram. I've seen bad ram cause theses exact symtoms.

Also since you seggest that it happens when reading files run seatools. It will test your motherboard HDD controller and the HDD wich can also cause theses issues.
m
l
December 29, 2010 4:36:59 PM

no, i don't have one of that keyboards.
i've already made tests to my RAMs, and i also tried for HDD's - seatools - so there's nothing!
I don't wanna look like an idiot but i realized that my gpu's fan doesn't work and i don't know how long it has been since it stopped =)
now, how 'bout it? could that be relevant?
m
l
Related resources
December 29, 2010 7:06:58 PM

A bad GPU fan tends to cause whole system crashes or lockups. This might be the source of your problem but it is definitly a problem that should be addressed. I would replace the fan or the card. If you have onboard video then just pull the GPU out and run of onboard and see if the problem persists.
m
l
December 29, 2010 9:10:47 PM

unfortunately i dont have one on my board but i'll have one gpu within a few days. after that i'll write again..
thanks for your kind replies and merry christmas..
m
l
January 6, 2011 11:21:07 PM

today is the first day with my new gpu and i understand that there's no problem with the old one: because it freezed again!
somehow i'm sure that there's no problem with gpu, RAM - i've tried different ones - and hdd's - tried different ones as well.
any more ideas?
m
l
January 13, 2011 1:51:01 AM

I just read your first post you say you've tried XP and Windows 7 Sounds like you had this problem right after fresh install of both OS's? That should rule out software issues. If so then what about you network connection? Your using us robotic wifi card right? have you tried ethernet or another wifi card?
m
l
January 13, 2011 3:18:01 AM

Yeah, see if you get the problem when you have all non-critical components taken out/unplugged (i.e. any networking cards, any printer via the USB, etc.).
m
l
January 13, 2011 5:17:27 PM

I'm using USRob. wireless adapter for internet connection which is via USB and i used to use direct cable via ethernet and i think there's no problem with them. And yes, it is obviously not a software issue.

And i realized that it usually occurs when my p2p is active, and mostly at the moment when the download finishes. I'm pretty sure about my HDD's - i ran several considerable tests and tried OS with both - so i changed my sata cables because i've heard that it could be relative with them. I will wait for a few days and will see if anything's gonna happen.
m
l
January 14, 2011 8:05:42 PM

...and there's no problem with sata cables. it is still happening!
i think i'm gonna throw this pc out from my window.
m
l

Best solution

January 16, 2011 3:09:34 PM

Grab some some M80s and blow it up
February 22, 2011 11:14:37 AM

M80s could be useful.. =)

Lastly, i discovered that when i change p2p's cpu priority at task manager (from all to only cpu0) pc does not freeze. before buying a new cpu, any ideas?
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
February 22, 2011 12:55:42 PM

Okachu,
Have you run any tests on the hard drive? I would try virus and malware scans, than run the disk check and see if you get any errors. If not fire up a copy of a performance tester and see if the hard drive is dying. It may be something as simple as bad sectors. If the hard drive checks out run memtest and see if the ram passes.
m
l
February 26, 2011 11:27:33 PM

evilavatar said:
Okachu,
Have you run any tests on the hard drive? I would try virus and malware scans, than run the disk check and see if you get any errors. If not fire up a copy of a performance tester and see if the hard drive is dying. It may be something as simple as bad sectors. If the hard drive checks out run memtest and see if the ram passes.

as i told earlier, yes. i did both and there's nothing with them. also i tried different RAMs and HDDs as well.
m
l
March 6, 2011 4:02:34 PM

Best answer selected by okachu.
m
l
!