Sign in with
Your question

Will this Motherboard fit my computer?

Last response: in Motherboards
November 9, 2011 1:40:34 AM

Hi, so I found this motherboard and has a reasonable price, but I need to know wether it will fit my computer CAE or not. I´ve been reading and I found out that ATX is the most common one, but will it fit my computer?

-Dell Studio 540
-Intel Core Duo CPU E7400 2.80 GHZ.
-4 gigs of RAM DDR2
-Nvidia GTX 460 - 1 gig
-1TB HDD
-Windows 7 64 bit

And the following motherboard is the one that I´d like to buy:

ASUS Socket AM3/AMD 880G/USB3.0/Hybrid CrossFireX/A&V&GbE/Micro ATX Motherboard s M4A88T-M/USB3.

If there is any info missing, please post it so I can complete the info.
a c 143 V Motherboard
November 9, 2011 2:58:53 AM

you cannot use a amd board with this intel processor read the specs of board on asus
m
l
a b V Motherboard
November 9, 2011 3:35:30 AM

The documentation for your PC shows a mobo that is microATX, so you have the right form factor - but the wrong board (not Intel). Unless you're replacing the cpu with an AMD processor as well, in which case . . . all you need is a cpu that'll fit it.

If you want a new mobo for your E7400, then one of these will do:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=E...
m
l
Related resources
November 9, 2011 1:04:04 PM

scout_03 said:
you cannot use a amd board with this intel processor read the specs of board on asus

Whoops, didn´t notice that! thanks!
m
l
November 9, 2011 1:08:43 PM

Twoboxer said:
The documentation for your PC shows a mobo that is microATX, so you have the right form factor - but the wrong board (not Intel). Unless you're replacing the cpu with an AMD processor as well, in which case . . . all you need is a cpu that'll fit it.

If you want a new mobo for your E7400, then one of these will do:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=E...

I actually think on changing the processor but not together with the mobo. Does that mean that if in a near future I want to change my processor, I´d have to change to yet another mobo? thanks :D 
m
l
a c 143 V Motherboard
November 9, 2011 2:41:37 PM

if you stay with am3no but if you go for am3+ the new amd socket you will have to choose another board ,google motherboard reviews before buying
m
l
a b V Motherboard
November 9, 2011 6:21:42 PM

Answers to these questions would help us to help you better:

Why do you want to change your motherboard now?

What processor do you think you might want later?

m
l
!