Sign in with
Your question

Another one of these!

Last response: in Systems
December 8, 2010 4:03:21 PM

Approximate Purchase Date: a few months, sometime after christmas - beginning of 2011

Budget Range: 800 after rebates

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, maybe some video work if needed, watching movies/storing media

Parts Not Required: everything needed except a mouse.

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Anything goes.

Country of Origin: currently a student in Boston, USA - so USA works.

Parts Preferences: Intel preference, a nVidia is something I would prefer too (the 460/480)

Overclocking: No

SLI or Crossfire: If budget allows it.

Monitor Resolution: Prefer 1920x1280

Additional Comments: I'm a student in a dorm, so try to keep it a bit small and easy to transport later on since I'll be moving around and whatnot, if possible!

Thanks!

More about : question

December 8, 2010 4:13:02 PM

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBundleDetails.aspx?I...

Graphics card - HD 6850 or HD 5850 (better), or GTX 480 (budget allowing).

Monitor - Samsung P2370

keyboard - your choice - stick to the good brands.

DVD/Blu Ray - lite on, budget allowing.

gaming desktops are never too compact. You can always de-assemble the whole thing and fit it in a box. Case is usually the bulkiest component. Keep the boxes.

Unless you are trying to break records, Crossfire or SLI may not always be the best entry choice, especially if you are playing on a 60hz refresh rate screen. Radeon5850/GTX470/GTX480 or HD5870 level cards are enough without SLI. Maybe in the future you can add another one.

I don't mean to tell you to buy that above combo. Look at the parts. I would go with Corsair power supply or Antec. OCZ...meh.
m
l
December 9, 2010 6:44:20 AM

Quote:

Budget Range: 800 after rebates
Additional Comments: I'm a student in a dorm, so try to keep it a bit small and easy to transport later on since I'll be moving around and whatnot, if possible!

Tower + OS
$649AR

23" LCD $140
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

$789AR Grand Total
m
l
Related resources
December 9, 2010 6:16:16 PM

The only thing I'd change in Batuchka's build is an ASRock or Asus mobo instead of the Biostar. Otherwise it looks good.
m
l
December 10, 2010 12:52:33 AM

I wouldn't change the motherboard, that one is cheap and looks just fine.
m
l
!