Which MoBo for a Quad Q9300??

Hi,

I have to replace my MoBo and get a new one for the Inter Q9300. Do you have any suggestions for a reliable motherboard maybe with X38 so I can make use of the Corsair 1600 RAM?
14 answers Last reply
More about which mobo quad q9300
  1. go for the asus p8z68 it has 2x16 pci-e slots for sli and it has a great contribution in the feild of mobos
  2. eliast said:
    Hi,

    I have to replace my MoBo and get a new one for the Inter Q9300. Do you have any suggestions for a reliable motherboard maybe with X38 so I can make use of the Corsair 1600 RAM?


    X38 motherboard doesn't support the memory type you've listed , you need to go a notch higher and get the X48 chipset to add Corsair 1600 MHz DDR3 memory and 2X PCIe2.0x16 slots ( SLI or CrossfireX , maybe ;) )

    Source : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_chipsets#Core_2_chipsets

    Do you plan to use your system for maybe , two more years ?? . If no , donot spend the money on a dead socket like the LGA 775 . You would be better of with a SandyBridge platform .

    Please list your full specs so that guys can help you . GL :)
  3. assassin123 said:
    go for the asus p8z68 it has 2x16 pci-e slots for sli and it has a great contribution in the feild of mobos


    Tell me this is a bad joke .

    Z68 supports only the LGA1155 socket a.k.a SandyBridge . Do your field work dude :D
  4. Only G41 chipsets support DDR3 RAMs on LGA775.
  5. oky he is right
  6. scapegoat_44 said:
    X38 motherboard doesn't support the memory type you've listed , you need to go a notch higher and get the X48 chipset to add Corsair 1600 MHz DDR3 memory and 2X PCIe2.0x16 slots ( SLI or CrossfireX , maybe ;) )

    Source : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_chipsets#Core_2_chipsets

    Do you plan to use your system for maybe , two more years ?? . If no , donot spend the money on a dead socket like the LGA 775 . You would be better of with a SandyBridge platform .

    Please list your full specs so that guys can help you . GL :)


    ----------------------------------

    Right! Specs are as follows:

    MB: Asus P5E3 Deluxe Wi-Fi AP @n
    CPU: Intel Core2 Quad Q9300 (2.5GHz)
    RAM: 2x2GB DDR3 Corsair PC3-10700H (p/n: CMX4GX3M2A1600C8)
    Video: NVidia 9600GT (512MB)
    HDD: WD7500AADS (750GB Green)
    PSU: Corsair HX650W (650W, prof. series)
    CPU cooler: CoolerMaster Sphere
    DVD: 2xLG GS20NS10
    Screen: 1xDELL U2211H (full HD), 1xFujitsu-Siemens L22W-8 (1680x1050)

    The problem is that the Asus MoBo has decided to retire :) so I need a replacement for the rest
  7. My x38 foxconn board supports DDR3. The P5E3 like the OP had (P35 board) also supported it.

    I'd get whatever cheap P43/45 board newegg has. Not really worth it to spend too much on this.
  8. Checked Wiki and found that many LGA775 boards did in fact support DDR3. Maybe these boards came as in as a later revision when DDR3 became popular and many people were still on LGA775!

    X38, X48, X58, P43, P45, G41, X58 and others. Coz the last time when i checked some of these chipsets did not have DDR3 support
  9. x58 is not S775. P35 originally supported DDR2, but DDR3 was later brought over on some higher end boards. I didn't check that wiki link, but if it says no P3x boards supported DDR3 it should be changed...
  10. Sorry about the X58! Got carried away by the X's! :)

    I am saying last time i checked most of the LGA775 chipset did not support DDR3. I am guessing they came in later. Wiki is updated!
  11. I can tell, you listed the x58 twice! lol
  12. I need an X38 or an X48 to make use of the fast RAM, but it seems there is nothing out there. Any suggestions for stock shops to order?
  13. If you dont find it on newegg.com then its very difficult to find it anywhere else. Try Ebay, Amazon.
  14. Memory controller should be the same for all of those. x38, P45, x48, etc. Only the older 965 boards have a different controller.
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Quad