Best PSU for these specs

MSI R5770 HAWK 1GB [crossfired]
AMD Phenom II X4 955 black edition @ 3.2ghz
Asus 890gx
Samsung Spinpoing F3 1tb @ 7200rpm
Corsair 2x2gb DDR3 1600mhz

Budget : 110$ - 130$

Please provide PSU supporting Crossfirex and the best for the price. :)
29 answers Last reply
More about best specs
  1. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817207003

    its the 750 watt black edition and would recommand anyday over the model obsidian recommanded, not that its a bad pick but the xfx model is of higher quality build, or this also;

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151100

    seasonic which is also a great ps company

    cheers
  2. iceclock said:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817207003

    its the 750 watt black edition and would recommand anyday over the model obsidian recommanded, not that its a bad pick but the xfx model is of higher quality build, or this also;

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151100

    seasonic which is also a great ps company

    cheers

    lol the entire Antec true power new /neo eco/high current gamer 400,520,620 range and the entire Xfx range are made by Seasonic
  3. yes, i know, i dint think of that, thanks for pointing it out, but the model i suggested i feel is better for the money and has good internal components
  4. so too does the antec truepower series if he wants 750 here is the true power 750 for

    $100

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371025

    but 750 watts is total overkill he could run 3 x 5770 on 750 watts and 4 x 5770's on 850 watts
  5. obsidian86 said:
    but 750 watts is total overkill he could run 3 x 5770 on 750 watts and 4 x 5770's on 850 watts

    I'll only do 2 x 5770. 650 watt is better I think. Is XFX 650w xxx edition good?
    Does the mobo, CPU, RAM, HDD need too much power?
  6. yeah the xfx is alright its not one of the best xfx psu's but its on par with the tp650
  7. well... I don't need the best anyway. The PSUs don't increase game performance.. :)
    All I need is the desired watt promised from the PSU. :)
  8. i guess, but u can future proof ur upgrades if u go with something more powerful, antec is good, but honestly, ive seen more returns for antecs on the medium and low range spectrum than xfx powersupplies,
  9. iceclock said:
    i guess, but u can future proof ur upgrades if u go with something more powerful, antec is good, but honestly, ive seen more returns for antecs on the medium and low range spectrum than xfx powersupplies,

    antec power supplies are cool I guess.
    what would the total power consumption of a fully loaded msi r5770 hawk 1gb [crossfired] + amd phenom ii x4 955 BE?
  10. Not more then 450
  11. obsidian86 said:
    Not more then 450

    Then please give me a 650w PSU.. :)
  12. Corsair 650 watt

    Crossfire or SLI Ready pwr supply

    7 year warranty

    $89.99-$69.99 after rebate

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139005

    Look at all the positive replies for this pwr supply. To me this is probably the best at that price range.
  13. What about 6850 Crossfired? :P
  14. mercuryman24 said:
    What about 6850 Crossfired? :P



    corsair 750

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139006

    Antec.com or Corsair.com should have some kind of power supply calculator to tell you what kind of power supply you'll need.
  15. Bigmac80 said:
    corsair 750

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139006

    Antec.com or Corsair.com should have some kind of power supply calculator to tell you what kind of power supply you'll need.

    thanks ..... ;)
  16. 6850 only uses 20 watts more then a 5770. 650 watts is still fine even up to 2x 6870's .650 watts will be fine.and the antec tp series is better then the old tx series.the tx v2 is as good as the antec tp series and the tx comes with a 5 year warranty not 7
  17. obsidian86 said:
    6850 only uses 20 watts more then a 5770. 650 watts is still fine even up to 2x 6870's .650 watts will be fine.and the antec tp series is better then the old tx series.the tx v2 is as good as the antec tp series and the tx comes with a 5 year warranty not 7

    Is 6850 better than 5850? Please reply... :??:
  18. no its not the 6850 is worse the 6870 is better
  19. obsidian86 said:
    no its not the 6850 is worse the 6870 is better

    Well, I'm tight on budget. The maximum I can squeeze out is for 6850. I read in a forum that 6850 CF beats 5850 CF. ;)
  20. Which is the best PSU company from these?
    Cooler Master
    Corsair
    FSP
    Gigabyte
    Seasonic
    We don't get Antec PS in India. :(
    Tagan

    W
  21. seasonic and corsair

    cooler master silent m and silent pro or silent gold only nothing else

    fsp arum only
  22. How about this one?

    CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX 650W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Power Supply

    http://www.theitwares.com/corsair-cmpsu650tx-650w-atx12v-eps12v-ready-crossfire-ready-plus-certified-power-supply-p-87.html
  23. mercuryman24 said:
    How about this one?

    CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX 650W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Power Supply

    http://www.theitwares.com/corsair-cmpsu650tx-650w-atx12v-eps12v-ready-crossfire-ready-plus-certified-power-supply-p-87.html

    thats alright but the new one is already out but for a lil more this is much much better

    http://www.theitwares.com/seasonic-s12d-silver-750w-atx12v-v23eps-v291-plus-silver-certified-active-power-supply-p-957.html

    even better then the corsair hx 750
  24. yes crossfire even 2 x 6970
  25. obsidian86 said:
    yes crossfire even 2 x 6970

    Thats better... :D
    thanks!! :)
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Components Product