Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Problem with 4GB(2x2GB) RAM in ASUS P5KPL

Last response: in Memory
Share
November 9, 2011 12:04:39 PM

Hello
i have just installed 2x2Gb kingston RAM on my board but when i turn the pc on, windows boots and only several seconds after booting it restarts. what could be the problem?
before this, i had 2x1 GB RAM and it worked nice, with no problem.
by the way, my OS is windows 7
November 9, 2011 1:39:34 PM

I think the one of the RAM is not fine..
Check each RAM one by one...
m
0
l
a b } Memory
a b Ĉ ASUS
November 9, 2011 3:11:27 PM

If the RAM is approved for your CPU, then run Memtest86+ from a floppy, CD or flash drive to check each DIMM for errors - individually and then with both installed.
m
0
l
Related resources
November 10, 2011 1:03:00 AM

rockxdude said:
I think the one of the RAM is not fine..
Check each RAM one by one...



i have checked each one before. both are fine.
m
0
l
November 10, 2011 4:03:07 AM

phoenix222 said:
i have checked each one before. both are fine.



ok, how many slots of RAM you have..?
Can i have motherboard name?
m
0
l
November 10, 2011 2:45:27 PM

rockxdude said:
ok, how many slots of RAM you have..?
Can i have motherboard name?


4 slots (2 blacks and 2 yellows). as i said it's ASUS P5KPL
m
0
l
November 10, 2011 2:54:12 PM

phoenix222 said:
4 slots (2 blacks and 2 yellows). as i said it's ASUS P5KPL


Your mobo has "800/667 mhz for RAM" so go into the bios to reduce the memory frequency in bios to 667MHz down from 800MHz..try this...
And please check that what is the ram speed..

Also check with different combos, like...
"Put 1st RAM i.e. the old one in 1st slot and other in 3rd slot."
m
0
l
November 10, 2011 6:24:18 PM

rockxdude said:
Your mobo has "800/667 mhz for RAM" so go into the bios to reduce the memory frequency in bios to 667MHz down from 800MHz..try this...
And please check that what is the ram speed..

Also check with different combos, like...
"Put 1st RAM i.e. the old one in 1st slot and other in 3rd slot."


i found the problem: the M.B. just suuports RAMs with cl5 while the one i bought is cl6. i tried changing the frequency and many other things, but they don't work!

THANX anyway
m
0
l
November 11, 2011 11:05:27 AM

phoenix222 said:
i found the problem: the M.B. just suuports RAMs with cl5 while the one i bought is cl6. i tried changing the frequency and many other things, but they don't work!

THANX anyway



yes..if it's cl6 then it won;t work...:p ..
replace your RAM or your mobo..:) 
m
0
l
!