Sign in with
Your question

New gaming build, $2000-$2500

Last response: in Systems
December 8, 2010 10:29:57 PM

Hi, guys. My soon-to-be brother in law wants a decent system. He plays fps games.

Approximate Purchase Date: Next month or so

Budget Range: 2000-2500

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming maxed out

Parts Not Required: Need everything

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: newegg.com, but others like tigerdirect are ok as well

Country of Origin: US

Parts Preferences: Core i7 950, corsair psu(850 or 1000). I was thinking the crucial realssd with a mb that can use it, perhaps two large drives in raid 1 for media.

Overclocking: Yes, would like a decent air cooler and a case that can fit it.

SLI or Crossfire: Maybe now, definitely down the line.

Monitor Resolution: 1920x1200, considering ATI for 3 monitors in eyefinity. Strongly leaning towards the dell ultrasharp 24", but concerned about the cost of three of those.

Additional Comments: I'm not sure if I should wait for the new ATI cards to come out before buying, when are they due?

Would like three monitors, max settings, and 100 fps if possible. I know 100 fps is silly but this is for a relative and that's what he wants.

More about : gaming build 2000 2500

December 9, 2010 12:15:13 AM

Not sure what the i7-950 will do in price in response to Sandybridge. A month or so is a long way away considering what is going to be released between now and then. Check back after January 5th to find out.
m
l
December 9, 2010 3:09:00 AM

^+1... Their preview shows that even the i5 is as good as the current-gen i7 CPUs...
As for the newer cards, ATI will be launching their newer cards by Dec 15th...
m
l
!