Help with VPA 3.62e and Wormhole add on

I haven't been able to process my latest turn files using vpa. The
only thing different about the current turn files is that I received
wormhole messages from Animal Tech games Worm program. Unfortunately
the message generated by the add on does not match the message
template in the vpa.msg file. Since my game seems to freeze upon
attempting to read the player messages I think these wormhole messages
are the problem. Question- has anyone created a vpa message template
for these particular wormhole messages? Can you provide the template
so I can run the turn ?

; *** Wormhole
Message Wormhole
;Check 1,
;Check 3,1,From
Check [Our scanners detected a wormhole]
Id [(ID #],[ID #],[)]
X [at location],[location]
Y [at location],[,,],[(]
Mass [Appears],[at:],[KT]
Stable [Appears],[Appears]
;Mass [in size],[is],[KT]
;Stable [appears to be],[appears to be]
End
4 answers Last reply
More about help wormhole
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.vga-planets (More info?)

    Hi,

    Kommisar wrote:
    > I haven't been able to process my latest turn files using vpa. The
    > only thing different about the current turn files is that I received
    > wormhole messages from Animal Tech games Worm program.

    Question one: what's 'Animal Tech'?
    Question two: where do I get VPA 3.62e? :-)

    > Unfortunately
    > the message generated by the add on does not match the message
    > template in the vpa.msg file. Since my game seems to freeze upon
    > attempting to read the player messages I think these wormhole messages
    > are the problem.

    I would have to see such a message to write a template.

    However, I think VPA assumes at several places that wormholes follow
    PHost's rules. Because I do not know 'Animal Tech', I cannot tell
    whether VPA could out-of-the-box handle your wormholes or not.

    Stefan
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.vga-planets (More info?)

    Stefan Reuther <stefan.news@arcor.de> wrote in message news:<c9o39l.po.1@stefan.msgid.phost.de>...

    > Question one: what's 'Animal Tech'?

    I think this is the name of the company that made the wormhole
    program. We are not using Phost in this game so I think the host is
    using this add-on to run the wormholes

    > Question two: where do I get VPA 3.62e? :-)

    Doh! I believe I am using 3.62a

    > I would have to see such a message to write a template.

    I could send the RST file to you by email. I don't want to post the
    message to the newsgroup because this is an ongoing planets game.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.vga-planets (More info?)

    A player using VPA has posted a template on the forum:

    http://battlestarcommand.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=726

    Ed
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.vga-planets (More info?)

    Kommisar wrote:
    > Stefan Reuther <stefan.news@arcor.de> wrote:
    >>Question one: what's 'Animal Tech'?
    >
    > I think this is the name of the company that made the wormhole
    > program. We are not using Phost in this game so I think the host is
    > using this add-on to run the wormholes

    Never heard of that one, therefore I think VPA does not include explicit
    support for your add-on (unless the add-on tries to emulate PHost /
    worm.exe).

    >>I would have to see such a message to write a template.
    >
    > I could send the RST file to you by email. I don't want to post the
    > message to the newsgroup because this is an ongoing planets game.

    I saw you posted it at SF? Anyway, send the RST. And a link to the
    wormhole program if possible, so I can take a look.

    Rule #1 of talking to a programmer: the easier you make it for me, the
    better your chance that your problem ends in the top-5 of my todo list :-)

    Stefan

Games Video Games