Closed Solved

New PC, GFX Card: $120-180 for future dual card setup

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: Within a month

BUDGET RANGE: $120-180

USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Gaming (Civ 5, Battlefield series), 3D Rendering (SketchUp, 3DS Max, Thea Render), Photoshop, AutoCAD

CURRENT GPU AND POWER SUPPLY: New build- Likely a 850 Watt Thermaltake Black Widow

OTHER RELEVANT SYSTEM SPECS: Again likely setup- Thermaltake Element V Case, i7-940 processor, Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R MB, G.SKILL PI Series 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 1600,

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: Newegg

COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: USA

PARTS PREFERENCES: I'm more familiar with Radeons at this point- am I missing out by not looking at GeForce more closely?

OVERCLOCKING: Not at this time, maybe down the road (with additional cooling etc)

SLI OR CROSSFIRE: I would love a card that I can get a second one of in 6 months when i have the cash to make this thing a BEAST

MONITOR RESOLUTION: Current is 1680x1050, might upgrade down the road

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: Along with a possible upgrade to Crossfire/SLI, I would love the option to run dual-monitors (More for productivity apps than gaming). My hand is being forced to build this sooner rather than later, so I'm trying to get a gret build for now that, when I have the cash, I can make an AMAZING build with a few upgrades (RAM, Second Card, SSD Bootdrive, maybe overclock with additional cooling).
4 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about card future dual card setup
  1. Best answer
    Seeing as you purchase is in a month or so, could you wait about 2 weeks since a new Radeon series is about to launch!
    http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/296901-33-radeon-6000-seriers-rumor-released-october
    If you wanna read that link go on but there is ALOT of "opinions" in it!
  2. This is a link to the Tom's Hardware Guide to the Best Graphics Cards for the Money:
    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/graphics-card-geforce-radeon,2761-4.html

I would wait a week or two, then buy a GTX460. When you are ready to add another, they should be dirt cheap and will be top performers in SLI.
  3. Best answer selected by Dangeresque92.
  4. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics