What is Dual Channel? And is it worth to have it ??

aksh1811

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2011

So i wont use Tomshardware to get answers. I want experienced answers that y i come to Tomshardware.
If u are thinking this question is too easy. Why u reply to it stupid ................
i khow i can get it by g00gle search but i want experienced answers!!!!!
Thx in advance to another People that will post experienced answers.

ash256

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2010

good reply mate

Dual channel accesses ram on two motherboard channels in parallel, giving it higher memory throughput.

Is it worth it? Really not much, depending on the cpu.
Current Intel cpu's have an excellent ram controller, so it might make a difference of 2% in real app performance, or fps.
Amd cpu's will have a bit more impact.

It should really be a moot point since ram is generally sold in multi stick kits, and ram is so cheap these days that one should buy plenty.

My oh my, someone has their panties in a bind. What's the matter, Mommy didn't give you chocolate milk with your lunch today? Hey! You also made the choice to respond to me, so don't be the pot calling the kettle black. You could have easily ignore my post and not hit the Reply button, instead you chose to be a jerk about it. At least I attempted to help you. In case you didn't see the bronze medal next to my avatar, I am experienced and I gave you an experienced answer, you just didn't like what I had to say. But hey, if you'd rather have someone tell you rather than research and learn for yourself, then by all means, continue to post stupid questions.

And yes, I do think your question is stupid, dual channel memory has been the defacto memory architecture for years now; heck, you can't even buy an enthusiast level motherboard with single channel memory anymore! Now if you had done some preliminary research and asked something intelligent like, "dual channel vs triple channel for gaming", or "I have a limited budget, should I buy one DIMM now and match a second DIMM for dual channel later", or "Is dual channel or triple channel better for video encoding/dvd authoring", then you may have gotten a response more to your liking.

And, just in case you missed this in beenthere's signature...
READ THIS: A GOOGLE SEARCH WILL ANSWER 98% OF ALL QUESTIONS ASKED IN FORUMS !

aksh1811

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2011

For the last quote, in this case, Close the site and redirect it into www.google.com.