Sign in with
Your question

Realtek volume low. How to fix this?

Last response: in Components
March 6, 2011 7:57:42 AM

I just recently bought an ASUS G73JH and love it. But whenever I try to listen to music or videos over the net
my sound is really low (at least for my standards). My device is working properly, drivers all updated, volume
set to max from control panel (master volume ect.). I had a Macbook Pro and the volume level really beats the one
on the Asus. :??:  Running on Windows 7 x64

This question is specifically targeted towards "headphone output volume". Not external speakers since I don't use them
all to often. I'm using Sony Studio Headphones ($120 bucks) so I know they aren't the problem. I'm hoping there is a
program out there that can boost my volume up! I just spent a lot of money on this computer and I would hate it if
the only way I can get more volume is by buying a new sound card. :sweat: 

I did try and find an answer on my own (various search engines) but only found people not getting enough sound out
over their external speakers with Realtek sound cards which isn't my problem here (involved amps ect). This had lead me to the great community here at Tom's! :) 

Any advice, tips and recommendations would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!

More about : realtek volume low fix

March 6, 2011 10:49:38 AM

I have everything set to max. I even went into enhancements and messed with those settings
which rose the volume just a tad. Barely noticeable though. :/ 
m
l
March 6, 2011 12:49:18 PM

If by chance I just get a better sound card what would you recommend? Right now I have a Realtek High Definition Audio sound card with support of EAX Advanced HD 4.0 (but I can't install the driver which I read is a common problem on Asus with a fresh install of Windows). Is the sound card I have even considered any good?

I'll mainly just be using it for gaming, videos and music. Not really for surround sound or anything. I'm new to this
so I don't know if my sound card is even integrated or not? I got the model G73JH from the best buy website.
Can I install it myself or do you recommend having a place like Best Buy do it? I just need something that'll give me
more volume when I need it (I feel so restricted with this one). Sorry for all my noob questions! And THANK YOU! :D 
m
l
Related resources
March 6, 2011 3:10:07 PM

i2skinny4u said:
If by chance I just get a better sound card what would you recommend? Right now I have a Realtek High Definition Audio sound card with support of EAX Advanced HD 4.0 (but I can't install the driver which I read is a common problem on Asus with a fresh install of Windows). Is the sound card I have even considered any good?

I'll mainly just be using it for gaming, videos and music. Not really for surround sound or anything. I'm new to this
so I don't know if my sound card is even integrated or not? I got the model G73JH from the best buy website.
Can I install it myself or do you recommend having a place like Best Buy do it? I just need something that'll give me
more volume when I need it (I feel so restricted with this one). Sorry for all my noob questions! And THANK YOU! :D 

You don't have a soundcard you have onboard sound.
Unless i'm mistaken you don't have any add on discrete soundcard options as far as i know.
m
l
March 6, 2011 8:00:26 PM

The Manager is installed. I also checked and unchecked those boxes but no improvement.. I guess I'm stuck with this
sound card. :fou: 
m
l
!