Viewsonic VX2268wm troubleshooting plz help ~

Malachitsai

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2008
Hey guys , I just got my new Viewsonic VX2268WM for gaming yesterday , when I first tried it out , no problem at all , but last night when I got back home from work , strange problem started appearing during in game, I get this random black out , like lost display signal , the whole screen will go black , even power is still, showing its running , not on stand by color , game is running in background as I cant see it , and after around 5 sec it will pop back up , it happened 5 or 6 times in games like sc2 , or BC2 , I couldnt find any related topics on the web.

Even tho I am using the provided Dual DVI link cable , running at 1680x1050 @ 100hz , ATI 5970 , i7 ...etc Catalyst 10.9

but what I end up doing is download the Viewsonic VX2268wm win 7 driver , and this morning I play about 1 hr of gaming , involving both games , I didnt get that problem , as to last night it happened within a few min , and just kept on happening... so I dont know if its fixed or not or what could be the problem

does any of you know what could be the problem ?

cheers

I keep having this problem since I'm connected to one monitor thru a KVM switch so it actually only shows the display as an analog generic display.... so this disconnecting issue keeps on but your driver updating did solve the problem so I guess that is the issue.... or was.
I'll check if I can get this to accept the drivers for my view sonic and see if it works and let you know if the same problem is solved.... then I guess we can conclude that this was only a driver issue..... :)

Malachitsai

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2008

I have solved the problem , its a option under Catalyst ATI , need to turn Reduce DVI frequency on , under DVI settings , have those 2 boxed ticked , and the problem is fixed

You're on ATI and here at work where I have this on and off problem , I'm using duals on Nvidia :( thru a KVM switch, so it's actually one monitor thru the card direct and the other thru the KVM.
Well, I was just being lazy with the driver but after I read your thread I decided to Dl the driver and install it, I did, and I haven't had it going off for the past half hr atleast... :)

Malachitsai

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2008

yeah thats good news ! you just need to have Alternate DVI operational mode and Reduce DVI frequency on high res displays , both of the options turned on , I never had that problem anymore , its been 2 days :D