Have a Motorola 2120 modem from att and Linksys Router

sarabeth82

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2010
I have dsl through att and the Modem is a Motorola 2120. I bought a Linksys router and I can't get it working. Can someone please help? I changed the IP address to the router so it wont' conflict with the modem and still won't work. HELP PLEASE

G

The usual advice is to turn off both units for a minuite or so and restart the router and modem together and see if they handshake.

You don't mention which router you bought -- but you're sure it's not one with an inbuilt modem ?

sarabeth82

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2010
Its a Linksys by cisco Router. I've tried restartin' everything. I got it where it would show it was connected but go to open internet explorer and the page couldn't be found. I went into the internet connection showed it was connected but the sent and recieved was very low.

G

"Linksys by Cisco" doesn't tell one much about which model. I'm just trying to make sure you've got the right kind of router for attaching to a separate modem. The fact is, retailers sell mainly integrated ADSL modem/routers -- but all varieties are called Routers and unless you specify the category they'll sell you an ADSL integrated.