I just put together the following:
Gigabyte GA970-A-UD3
AMD 4100 FX
Corsair Vengeance 1866 Ram 2x4 Gig=8
Segate 1TB
Maxtor 500Gig
Pioneer DVD
Win7 64 Bit Pro

A couple of issues, all works fine if i don't tinker, but the default settings are not cutting it for me or why i put this together in the first place.
The Ram at best is showing up at 1333, I tried changing this to 1866 in the Bios but POST failed. Also I would like to see better than the 3.6-3.8 out of this 4100 FX. I tried several things but don't want to break my new investment, this was also negative on the boot...
At best for now I would like to maximize the 1866 of the Ram and how it relates to the rest of the board and chip...
Can you explain to me what changes I need to do to the BIOS get this to the next level?

Many thanks,
VegasVinMan

More about : gigabyte guide

November 10, 2011 11:04:28 PM

Solved; contacted Gigabyte. simply adjusted the speed setting for the ram.
HHmm thought i did that already.
November 11, 2011 4:39:12 AM

GIGABYTE's latest motherboards are equipped with ON/OFF Charge technology which allows you not only to charge your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch, but it allows you to Quick Charge it. As an added bonus, it can even be charged when your PC is turned off, so even if you forget to plug it into your charger after you've synced up your music, it will be fully charged when you need it.
!