Help wit motherboard/RAM issues

Nergdnil

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2011
Hey there

I started building my first computer yesterday, but when I was done I ran into some issues trying to get the stuff to work.

First it was the CPU, but that was because I had forgotten to connect the 8 pin to the motherboard.

With that solved, I tried booting again, but this time there are issues with the RAM, at least I think its the RAM as its the error LED for the RAM thats lit.

I've tried booting with only 1 of the 2 RAM blocks, tried each once, tried swapping them and so on, but still doesn't work.

Another weird thing is that every time i try to boot, the CPU LED flashes for 1 second, then stops, then the RAM LED turns on, after a few seconds the whole system reboots. When this has happened once it turns on again, but doesnt re boot this time.

My screen stays black through the whole thing.

My specs are:

Motherboard: ASUS P8Z68-V PRO
CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-2500K Processor, Socket-LGA1155, Quad Core, 3.3Ghz, 6MB, 95W, Boxed w/fan
RAM: Kingston DDR3 HyperX 1600MHz 8GB, Kit w/2X HyperX 4GB DDR3, CL9-9-9-27, 240pin
GFX Card: Gainward GeForce GTX 580 1536MB PhysX

I'm really hoping you can help, Skyrim is coming tomorrow so I'm getting desperate :S

Nergdnil

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2011
I fixed those issues actually, pulled everything out of the case and assembled it again, but ran into another: now the Boot_device LED is a light, and nothing shows up on screen, neither BIOS nor Windows.